Make a donation

Author Topic: repair wires and connector part numbers  (Read 16931 times)

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: repair wires and connector part numbers
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 07:58:36 pm »
So are you looking for the wires to the plug above - 1K0 972 929 that Sean posted?

Let me have an email address and I'll send you the details.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 01:27:27 am »
Stu I think the requests are getting confused! I have the car tommorrow/today so Ill take a look at the connector and let you know.

Cheers
Lee.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 11:44:40 am »
No worries Lee.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 11:47:05 am »
Lee

Just read back over things and I see what you mean now.  You want some connectors to avoid splicing and I gave you these part numbers -

1mm CSA wire 000 979 134 Male connections.

1mm CSA wire 000 979 133 Female connections.

2.5mm CSA wire 000 979 226 Male connections.

2.5mm CSA wire 000 979 225 Female connections.

191 972 701 Housing
191 972 711 Connector Housing

They are good part numbers as I use them myself, have a look here -

http://octavia-vrs.com/cms/content/integrated-bluetooth
Stu...

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 11:50:13 am »
The missus has taken the car to Bluewater (oh shi*)

Im after the number for the 4 pin connector that plugs into the rear light clusters, along with the socket and repair wires.

I just need to make up a bridging loom between the factory loom and the cluster so I can splice in another loom Iv made up without cutting into the factory loom.

Cheers.

Just seen your post, theres nothing wrong with the part numbers mate Iv got the connectors here their just not the ones I was after.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 11:53:50 am by apollo13 »
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 11:59:54 am »
But if you remove the connectors from the current plugs, insert them into the plugs you just bought and then plug the loom you made up into the rear lights.  I'm reasonably sure they are suitable wires for the rear cluster plugs.
Stu...

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 12:17:35 pm »
Stu my new loom doesnt plug into the rear cluster.

Ok Ill try and explain. I need a replica of the plug on the end of the rear cluster loom and a replica of the socket that is fixed on the rear light cluster both 4 pin and repair wires to join the two together (your right the repair wires you suggested look fine).

This will then create a bridging loom that will plug into the rear cluster on one end and plug into the factory rear cluster loom on the other creating a bridge of yellow repair wires between the factory loom and the rear light cluster which i then will be able to splice my new homemade loom into thus not cutting into the cars original wiring at all.

To be honest Stu Im thinking of just soldering into the factory loom and sodding the lot! the few bits I bought yesterday cost me £35! for 6 various connectors and 8 repair wires!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:20:52 pm by apollo13 »

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 12:22:23 pm »
I understand mate and that is exactly the setup I use when I install a phone except I don't use the same plugs as the device I'm plugging into which it sounds like what you want to do.

Stu...

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2010, 12:28:26 pm »
You see here I remove the original connectors from the plug -

Fit them into the male part of the plugs you got yesterday -

Cut the repair wires to suit the length you want

Then you link a male and female repair wire with the 3rd wire which is the homemade loom you have.  This pictures show crimps but these days I solder and heat shrink for neatness

Fix on the female connectors to one end of the repair wire -

Then you plug in the other end of the repair wire into the rear cluster in your case and connect the two black plugs.

Stu...

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2010, 12:32:30 pm »
Right Im with you but I need to splice into all four of the wires in the factory loom.

So your way id need four connectors and four housings. A little long winded and Ill still have to remove the existing plug from the factory loom to refit on the end of the repair wires.

I just thought it would be easier with one 4 pin connector and socket? Well seeing as i have one set now Ill only need 3 more. Out of interest how much do they charge you for these/ the 701 was 3.53 + and the 711 was 2.54 +!

« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:36:25 pm by apollo13 »

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2010, 12:34:14 pm »
But doing it your way you also need to be sure you can get a female version of the plug on your rear cluster which isn't always possible.
Stu...

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2010, 12:37:58 pm »
Right Im with you but I need to splice into all four of the wires in the factory loom.

So your way id need four connectors and four housings. A little long winded and Ill still have to remove the existing plug from the factory loom to refit on the end of the repair wires.

I just thought it would be easier with one 4 pin connector and socket? Well seeing as i have one set now Ill only need 3 more. Out of interest how much do they charge you for these/ the 701 was 3.53 + and the 711 was 2.54 +!

Sorry mate I thought youd looked these up on ETKA?

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2010, 12:39:19 pm »
They aren't cheap these days mate I must admit.  They seem to have gone up since I started using them.
Stu...

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2010, 12:42:30 pm »
Sorry mate I thought youd looked these up on ETKA?

I didn't look up your third plug on the left next to the brown one with the pink spots as ETKA isn't quite a swept up as that.  :signLOL:  I couldn't for instance search for 'the red plug on the rear clusters'.  :P

You can try to pick it out on a diagram of the entire wiring loom but again it's not 100% reliable.  If you know the P/n for the plug you have then it is possible to look it up and see if it tells you the opposite one.
Stu...

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2010, 12:49:38 pm »
I know its not that easy but there is only one plug that goes to the rear light cluster, but not having ETKA I wouldnt know  :grin:

If i cant get the 4 pin plug and socket or I can but its silly money then I think Ill just solder and heat shrink into the factory loom.

When I get shot of the car I can cut the loom off, re heat shrink and then wrap in fabric tape and no-one will know!

And save myself £40 in the process! This mod has cost me way too much as it is!!!