Issues with rust that VW declined to repair under warranty
1 (1.7%)
Issue with rust that you still haven't done anything about
7 (12.1%)
No rust
17 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: November 24, 2010, 07:54:54 pm

Author Topic: *** VW - RUST & WARRANTY *** RESULT!!!!  (Read 199110 times)

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
Re: *** VW - RUST & WARRANTY *** RESULT!!!!
« Reply #600 on: May 23, 2016, 08:31:57 pm »
Finally got around to trying to get mine looked at, saw the link to the VW site recommended paint shops on another thread earlier.
Found my local one and gave them a bell and asked how to go about getting it checked.
Initial comment over the phone was that it had more than likely been resprayed by now ........ :mad: and that pissed me off to start with. Anyhow they took some details and I can pop in and they'll have a look.
I asked if I need to contact VW direct or the Main Dealer beforehand but they said no just call in.
Does that sound right to those who've had success with a claim?

Offline gtivirgin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #601 on: May 23, 2016, 10:26:13 pm »
bit screwing now. had my wing done couple of months ago cause of visible bubbling. the bodyshop it went to ended up repairing it which i thought was a bit rubbish but went along with it and end result you couldn't really tell unless you looked under the wing. well having washed my car recently ive looked under the wing and noticed a thin crack in the repair with orange bleeding through from the rust underneath.

i was trying to get them to look at my boot rust before but they fobbed me off and ended up giving me a case number and VW telephone number to ring. never bothered but now i am going to go back about the wing as it is a joke and should have been replaced rather than repaired. has anyone ever had any luck ringing VW direct? i know that if i go back to dealer about the wing they will probs sort it but probably send me back to same body shop again. am thinking maybe emailing the dealer mentioning im going to complain to VW about the whole thing.

Offline damo24

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #602 on: May 26, 2016, 02:37:55 pm »
What are my chances of getting this spot seen to- I gather it's a fairly common problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kierhanlon6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #603 on: June 01, 2016, 06:10:51 pm »
hello i took my car to vw got rust bubbling on both wings and sill rusting on drivers side. they took paint readings and i had the rear quarter panel done when the car was a company car. this was done through insurance through a vw approved workshop. they emailed me back saying my warranty on the wings isn't successful due to having work done on my rear quarter panel. i email back saying how is this affecting the other side front of the car. they said they will email the claims part and see what they say. still haven't heard back is it worth me asking again or is the decision final? any one been messed around like this or had any work done by an approved vw workshop and had there wings done for free?
cheers

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #604 on: June 02, 2016, 08:12:31 am »
Similar story here.  Chased them up again end of last week and he has said that the auth is through and the wing has been ordered and should be with them this week, so I'm expecting a call next week ish to get booked in.  So hopefully all done by the end of the month.

Only 1 wing?

Yes Panda... The other wing has been done previously.

I had the car in on Tuesday for my new wing, so now all done and dusted!  It's nice to have two good wings now!

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #605 on: June 02, 2016, 08:15:33 am »
hello i took my car to vw got rust bubbling on both wings and sill rusting on drivers side. they took paint readings and i had the rear quarter panel done when the car was a company car. this was done through insurance through a vw approved workshop. they emailed me back saying my warranty on the wings isn't successful due to having work done on my rear quarter panel. i email back saying how is this affecting the other side front of the car. they said they will email the claims part and see what they say. still haven't heard back is it worth me asking again or is the decision final? any one been messed around like this or had any work done by an approved vw workshop and had there wings done for free?
cheers

I'd be asking again as it sounds like a fob off to me.. Or take it to another VW dealer/body shop, if possible!!!

Offline Stupots

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 35
« Reply #606 on: June 02, 2016, 08:20:25 am »
@damo24 I have similar bubbling there. They told me it was where the door had dropped and caught the sill... I was fobbed off at the time, but as the surface of the paint hasn't been broken (though yours looks like it has) so it cant be that.

It's a bit annoying, that some get claims done without issue for the same problems and other don't.
2006 VW Golf Mk5 Sport TDI 4Motion (140 BKD)

Offline GYG30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
    • Email
« Reply #607 on: June 02, 2016, 08:59:48 pm »
Good result from VW South Hereford garages. Took my ED30 on the 23rd for an inspection. slight bubbling on both front wing lips,where one wing meets sill and one tiny patch where the rear door meets the the rear quarter. VW paying 100% for the wings and sills. Won't touch the patch near rear door but will talk to the body shop when I take it in Monday 20th. Chap who inspected it thought it was from trapping the seat belt metal part in the door?! I beg to differ.....overall very happy as he said VW would only stump up 50% for the sill work but the garage would put the other half!

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #608 on: June 07, 2016, 11:12:42 am »
So glad to see that this thread is still going strong! Power to the people

Offline Bigjimknickers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #609 on: June 07, 2016, 09:30:02 pm »
Had mine properly valeted on Saturday & got the rust on the front wings pointed out, not good, do I just drive it down to Guildford VW & tell them I want two new wings? Mines a silver 2006 gti. 60K on the clock. :doh:

Offline dubvrs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #610 on: June 07, 2016, 09:42:00 pm »
Got rust on both my front wings and drivers sill plus rust on the boot lid which looks like it has started from under the glass sealant. Went to VW on Saturday and not interested so found out a local VW approved body shop and they have taken pictures and sent it off to VW so will have to wait and see if anything comes of it.

Offline c4pete

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
    • Email
« Reply #611 on: November 11, 2016, 02:56:04 pm »
Got rust on both my front wings and drivers sill plus rust on the boot lid which looks like it has started from under the glass sealant. Went to VW on Saturday and not interested so found out a local VW approved body shop and they have taken pictures and sent it off to VW so will have to wait and see if anything comes of it.
@dubvrs Did you get anywhere with this?  I have rust at the front of my sills and on the hatch near the handle, considering my options!

Cheers,
Pete.

Offline Dan_ED30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #612 on: November 11, 2016, 06:46:11 pm »
Evening lads, this might be helpful to the Scottish members, but my Edition 30 had some panel rust on the rear quarter panels, front wings, rear boot lid. I went to Linwood Volkswagen for the car to be inspected and they agreed that the paint was showing rust spots that was at an unacceptable level as per their corrosion warranty guidelines.

So after Kenny (the inspector) agreed a repair, i had the entire car painted. I felt it would have looked out of place only having what VW's warranty was covering so i had it all matched and painted being tornado red. Fairly costly exercise but at least the car is now perfect!

(and for sale lol)

If anyones got any questions give me a shout!

Offline OcTwenty

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #613 on: November 19, 2016, 07:44:24 pm »
Alright lads.  I have a quick question i hope you can help me with.  I have an august 05 registered gti with original paint. Ive only just bought the car from an independent trader and not VW and was one previous owner before me with full VW Service history bar one stamp.    On the front wing if my car theres visible rust bubbling about 2 cms long.  Even though im not the original owner can i still get onto VW to fix it for me?  Do i just take it around to my local VW garage even though it was bought elsewhere? or do i phone VW customer service first?

thanks alot guys
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 07:47:33 pm by OcTwenty »

Offline 99hagued

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #614 on: November 20, 2016, 01:14:54 am »
I rang my local Vw dealership and told em and they said bring it down so they could check it out, they measured the paint thickness to verify it was the original paint and I got both front wings replaced for free, only thing I would say is I got them to paint the passenger door at the same time and the paint blending in is sh*t