Make a donation

Author Topic: Coilover question  (Read 1587 times)

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
Coilover question
« on: February 17, 2009, 07:38:15 am »
If you had compression and rebound adjustment on your coilovers, would you have to take into account wheel size for the best settings.  For example (my set up)

KW V3's are pre set at the factory for what they think is the best set up for road use.  My question is,  would it of made a difference in their pre set settings if they where running 19" wheels?
Laser Blue with K04 power, APR hardware controlled by REVO 2+ software
Chassis by KW V3's, Whiteline and a hint of PRO race 1.2's
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Coilover question
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 08:09:12 am »

The best people to answer that are KW UK - 0870 990 7536 - (They'll possibly have to ask Germany).

HTH :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 09:43:44 am »
Whilst KW may offer you advice, via a premium rate fone number - the simplest answer is to compare the both the load index and profile of the standard tyres, against the 19" tyres - and make minor adjustments from there!
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline gillm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 10:26:54 am »
thats all very good asking what they should be set up to , but having v3,s i guess you like going on track . you best bet would be to book a open pit lane track day .and set them up to what you want .

soo many people dont do this .
west tuned gt28 @ 340hp

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 10:59:00 am »
^^^^
If camber and track adjustability is wanted then KW Clubsports or Bilstein equivalent would be best for trackdays. But that's taking it all rather seriously and going for lap times. The KW-V3's are more than adequate for enthusiastic road use and trackdays. The instructor I had at Spa who both drove my car and sat as passenger for 15 laps, was mightily impressed with my VWR-KW-V3 suspension and we were pushing hard. But the Quaife does help! :evilgrin:

I've had my VWR-KW-V3 set up professionally and don't need to keep fiddling about with it. The beauty of having adjustability is to allow a great setup and also for fine tuning like we did yesterday to kill the arch rubbing as a result of recently changing my wheels to a different offset.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!