Make a donation

Author Topic: KENWOOD DDX-5022 FIRMWARE UPDATE PROBLEM  (Read 2648 times)

Offline hellotherejack

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
KENWOOD DDX-5022 FIRMWARE UPDATE PROBLEM
« on: November 23, 2010, 06:50:27 pm »
Hey Folks,

absolutely brand spanking new to this malarky - so i'll just say a quick hello and thanks in advance for any light you guys can shine any problems that i will no doubt run into over the next few years  :happy2:

I have jsut bought a MK 5 Golf GTi - in black - she's a beauty and runs like a dream. i'll get a pic up soon.

Jessica (as she is now known) has a Kenwood DDX-5022 stereo installed and works fine currently running firmware 1.40 - i have tried to update it using the zipped file on kenwoods website to version 2.5 and 3.1 without sucess. im wanting to update this so i play video via ipod/iphone throught it

The CD reads fine then the message Updating Software displays on the screen but thats it... i left it 2 n half hours the other day and i was no further forward - the instructions on the Kenwood site say 5-8 mins update time - so clearly leaving it any longer would have no bearing on the outcome. it does say on the webiste the zipped file isnt compatable with Windows Vista and 7 which is what im running at home.

can anyone help out with this? am i missing something very simple? any info or suggestions you guys have would be amazing thanks.

also if i managed to update it can  i control the ipod vi the buttons on my steering weel or is that jsut asking too much of Jessica?

cheers
Jack.