All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Dealer fit Parking Sensors

<< < (8/8)

Soundlab:

--- Quote from: ERVS on June 15, 2009, 09:45:17 pm ---Soundlab, could you please let us know which company did the intall of your parking sensor and what make they are?

Thanks

Ervs

--- End quote ---

I went to a company in Sussex called "Highdown Car Audio" - they have a website so you can find where they are, etc.

The parking sensor kit is the "Cobra Parkmaster 4" kit.

Hope that helps.
Daz

TomB:
Hmmm, the Cobra Parkmaster kits are the same as the VW Accessory kits (Cobra make the aftermarkets for most car companies out there) so the fitter must modify them somewhat

This is how they normally look: http://www.automaterialenreijnders.nl/osc/images/Cobra%20park.jpg

Soundlab:
Tom - I was offered 2 different sets of sensors based around the same kit.  The first ones were much more like the ones in your link, the ones I have were the alternative (and preferred choice) and they sit much more flush with the bumper.

I spoke to my mate at VW before going to Highdown as I originally wanted VW to supply and fit some, but he informed me that they always use Highdown for these kinds of jobs.  According to Highdown, most of the ones he fits make use of the same type of sensors that I've got, as they look better when installed.

Daz

tom619:
how much would one be looking at to have these fitted?

ERVS:
Thanks, Soundlab.

A bit too far for me I'm in London.  Hence the need for the sensors.

I found another company here in London called auto audio http://www.autoaudio.uk.com, I spoke to them on the phone they use laserline eps 4006 its a bit dearer at £250 +vat painted and fitted.

http://www.autoaudio.uk.com/services/exteriorparkingsensors.php

Will be checking them out at some point as they said that I have to see in person how good they are.

Thanks

Ervs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version