Make a donation

Author Topic: Official Forum T-shirt - Review....  (Read 13200 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Official Forum T-shirt - Review....
« on: December 13, 2010, 03:01:36 pm »
The original designs were created by 'Very Cherry' and it's a pity that he isn't posting on the forum so often nowadays. He's very creative and very popular and his other graphic work can be enjoyed in many member signatures bearing the mark 'VC' or two small red bollox cherries. The forum T-shirt baton has been picked up by 'Moschops' Wayne, very ably helped by 'Mrs Moschops' Sonia.

If you had said to me when I first started writing reviews for this forum that I'd write one for a T-shirt, I'd have said "You must be joking!". But I was so impressed with the T-shirt, I suggested it only as a joke because I thought the T-shirt I received was so good, but Wayne encouraged me, et voila mes cheries:

^ Front of size XXL.

WHY HAVE A FORUM T-SHIRT?

Quite apart from having a relatively rare T-shirt design which looks cool on the VeeDub scene, it shows you are a proud member and supporter of this forum. If you meet someone who is interested in the forum but can't remember the full web address, and you're wearing the T-shirt, it's embroidered on it!

^ High quality embroidery showing legibility.

ALTERNATIVES:

AVAILABLE SIZES:

MEN: S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL

LADIES: S (size 10), M (size 12), L (size 14).

All 100% cotton and weight 190-205 gms.

It features the GTI logo on the breast, a larger GTI logo across the upper back and the forum's web address on the left sleeve and a VW logo patch on the right sleeve. All finely embroidered and flexible, not stiff.

SOURCE:

From Moschops via the forum. For orders, please PM him or post in one of the other sales threads on the subject:

Forum Merchandise Offers:    http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7270.0.html

Ladies version:    http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15594.0.html

Cost: £22 incl p&p within the UK. Ladies cost £19. Contact Moschops for more info.

^ Ladies version. Black also available.

^ Showing ladies fitted style on a Californian blonde. Aren't all Californian chicks blonde?

INSTALLATION:

Straightforward (unless you are Pixar-Disney's Mr Incredible): Place your head through the largest hole and push head through to smaller hole so it fits around your neck. Push your arms through the remaining smaller holes.

MAINTENANCE:

Machine wash up to 40C after every 1,000 miles and use a mild colour-safe detergent but no bleach. The T-shirts are 100% cotton including the embroidered artwork. Do NOT tumble dry! Although 'Mrs Moschops' has done so on a low heat and there was no subsequent problem.

PLUS POINTS:

- Extremely high quality standard of manufacture Fruits Of The Loom base T-shirt - A very well established and highly regarded brand.

- Extremely high standard of embroidery which is long lasting and has intense colours.

- Unusual and original design.

- In black, looks very smart even if casual.

- Shows off your enthusiasm for the forum and all the other car enthusiast saddo's who live on the internet.

- Easy to install wear.

MINUS POINTS:

- Black versions, also being heavyweight high quality, may feel hotter to wear when the weather is very hot. But black works for the desert-dwelling Bedouin, I hear you say. This is because Bedouin robes are worn loose and hence allow flowing air between robe and skin.

^ Technical illustration. Would you believe that a group of scientists actually researched this theory.

- Wearing any car-related T-shirt might brand you as immature by those who are crushingly boring and far too grown up. Who cares?

^ Your missus may not like it if you get too carried away wearing car related merchandise or indeed lavish too much attention on anything to do with your chariot!

SUMMARY:

So far, after road testing for several hundred miles in both daylight and at night, I can find no fault....

If you are a T-shirt wearer (I wear one nearly every day) then what's not to like? You can buy cheaper T-shirts but not of this high quality as a garment.

^ 'Greeners' Nathan (second from right) even wears his on top of other clothes. Fortunately he has now stopped doing that with his underpants.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:09:03 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline keano

• Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
Re: Official Forum T-shirt - Review....
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 04:28:10 pm »
Brilliant review Robin. It had me chuckling  :grin:

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 05:01:19 pm »
Very Good Robin and thanks for writing this... :happy2:

Will haev another look at home later as work blocks the pics... :chicken:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 08:18:40 pm by Moschops »
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 05:05:05 pm »

Very Good Robin and thanks for writing this... :happy2:

Will ahev another llok at home later as work blocks the pics... :chicken:

....I enjoyed writing it and ended up including 12 pics!

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 08:04:10 pm »
 :signLOL:

Another informative and amusing review RR!  :grin:

I can also vouch for these superb T-Shirts as I have one in white which had plenty of outings during the summer!  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 08:16:19 pm »

Brilliant review Robin. It had me chuckling  :grin:

....Thanks, buddy!  :drinking:

A review about a T-shirt is bit limited so I took the opportunity to make it amusing but it couldn't be too amusing or it would cease to be a meaningful review (if any of that makes sense!).

I think I might review Piloti driving shoes next.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=2v8m0hhru1vc862m6hkued3la6&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 08:41:37 pm »
 :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:

Very good Robin....

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 09:31:44 pm »
but no modelling pics ?
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 09:53:04 pm »
but no modelling pics ?

Thanks god!  :surprised:  :scared:  :sick:

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 08:47:14 pm »
Received one of these t-shirts the other day courtesy of Wayne, really impressed with the quality and finished to a very high standard. Probably won't be wearing it out as it's a man's top  :ashamed: but still great for washing the car etc.  :happy2:

Thanks again Wayne, very kind of you!  :notworthy:  :pomppomp:

Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 10:52:08 pm »

Received one of these t-shirts the other day courtesy of Wayne, really impressed with the quality and finished to a very high standard. Probably won't be wearing it out as it's a man's top  :ashamed: but still great for washing the car etc.  :happy2:

....Huh?  :confused: Don't you know that a girl wearing a man's shirt or clothing always looks very sexy?

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 11:15:45 pm »

Thanks again Wayne, very kind of you!  :notworthy:  :pomppomp:

:worthless:
 :evilgrin:

Offline kevinw90

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 3
  • GTI!
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 02:50:06 pm »
Hellooooo,

I am wanting one of these t-shirts but dont know how to PM.  Is it 3 months before I can?  Only registerd in April.  Does someone have an e-mail address I can e-mail to get one?   :smiley:

Thanks

Kevin

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 03:01:51 pm »
^^^^
Hi Kevin,

I think you now have 10 posts and so can send a PM to 'Moschops' Wayne.  :happy2:

Offline kevinw90

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 3
  • GTI!
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 03:05:05 pm »
Perfect!  Thanks for that.  Thought it was 3 months but maybe that was the last forum it was that.