Make a donation

Author Topic: New sline split rims  (Read 22531 times)

Offline T88OMM

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Re: New sline split rims
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 07:00:45 pm »
Stunning set of wheels matey  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline vwrascal

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 07:23:34 pm »
Nice rimmage toaster   :happy2: 

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 07:32:21 pm »
Lovin' the rims.

Someone else told me a whiles back that split rims were dodgy if they hadn't been fitted right. Is this true?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 3
  • Oot n By all the Keyboard Warriors
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 09:25:35 pm »
Thanks again for all the positive feed back guys appreciate it :happy2:  I'm Soo excited about getting them done and on the car for Summer also loving the photo's that have been put up!! The Live Photoshop was my mates idea I was round th back of the house and he'd done it :laugh:!! My neighbours in the street think I'm Strange for always washing the car or Van or general tinkering with the car :grin:!!

I was up at Knockhill Race circuit today for the Scottish Vag day (photo's to come in another thread) :happy2:  And spoke to a chap with same rims as me asked where he got them done  he recommended and Company in Glasgow called The Polisher who specialize in split rims etc so I'll phone 2 morro :happy2:

Toast
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 09:39:10 pm »
You could also try A1 wheels in Wolverhampton.

Another vote for A1  great service  :happy2:

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 10:20:24 pm »
Thanks again for all the positive feed back guys appreciate it :happy2:  I'm Soo excited about getting them done and on the car for Summer also loving the photo's that have been put up!! The Live Photoshop was my mates idea I was round th back of the house and he'd done it :laugh:!! My neighbours in the street think I'm Strange for always washing the car or Van or general tinkering with the car :grin:!!

I was up at Knockhill Race circuit today for the Scottish Vag day (photo's to come in another thread) :happy2:  And spoke to a chap with same rims as me asked where he got them done  he recommended and Company in Glasgow called The Polisher who specialize in split rims etc so I'll phone 2 morro :happy2:

Toast

I seen the white gti with the 19's on today at the meet, seen your motor parked in the main car park with your mates S3 looked good

what about the pudding who rolled the corsa on the warm up lap on speed sunday :grin:

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 10:47:36 pm »
Yeah the I no Andy with the white Gt on the Bentley's threw the lost boys forum Sound chap said to him to join this forum aswell :happy2:  Aye couldn't be bothered showing it today car was clean when I left Ayrshire but hanging by the time we all arrived my mate had the the tt V3 Rkc and other 1 had the black Skoda fabia Vrs K55 Vrs he won best skoda of the day :happy2:

Saw wee Trumpet trousers in the corsa  :laugh: Best 1 had to be the Rb5 buru that smashed the cone at the hairpin disintegrated his spiltter and fog light cover :driver: Then the white evo5 that binned it into the gravel trap :signLOL:

Toast
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 10:59:05 am »
Mk5's look great on these wheels, Really suit them and still keep a stock theme. :happy2:

Offline Altered Carbon

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 11:53:42 am »
Nice rims and a cracking price for them there! The Polisher gets a good write up on other forums too.

2008 Candy White | Edition 30

Offline Cooper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 12:00:58 pm »
I'm dying for a set of these, they look awesome on the mk5! Bargain price you got them for!

There is a place in Coventry called Pureklas that do good work on polishing splits, think they charge about £40 a dish for a full refurb and polish!
C63
SQ5

Offline P10YRS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 12:15:03 pm »
Great buy u got there.. are you going to change the colour of the centres?? A nice set of rimmage make such a difference..  Ash.

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 06:31:17 pm »
Phoned The Polisher in Glasgow today said he could do them with the polished lip and either painted centre's or bead polish them Hmm!! :party:

Hopefully get them done in the next couple of weeks Thinking of getting the centre's polished did contemplate doing them red like the car but not sure  :confused:

Toast

Offline P10YRS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 07:05:58 pm »
Phoned The Polisher in Glasgow today said he could do them with the polished lip and either painted centre's or bead polish them Hmm!! :party:

Hopefully get them done in the next couple of weeks Thinking of getting the centre's polished did contemplate doing them red like the car but not sure  :confused:

Toast

Do them red to match the car.. If you have the centres polished u gta polish them all the time but it would look good..
Ash

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 07:13:03 pm »
I'm do think red would be different but think it would go out off date quick perhaps?!   I'm quite lucky the car only gets used at the weekends so the polished look would be ok :happy2:

Toast

Offline P10YRS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 07:18:40 pm »
I'm do think red would be different but think it would go out off date quick perhaps?!   I'm quite lucky the car only gets used at the weekends so the polished look would be ok :happy2:

Toast

If thats the case id go for polished look.. it make the red stand out really nice aswell.