Make a donation

Author Topic: Tutorial - How to Update RNS-510 Firmware. ***New Links & Firmware*** 19/02/12  (Read 351262 times)

Offline Jamerson

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Have you got the SD Card setup correctly?

Ensure the PersonalPOI folder is in the root of the card.

i.e. follow this

• Format the card in FAT 32
  • Make a folder on the card called "PersonalPOI" (cut and paste between the quotes for the name as if it is not exact it won't work)
  • Move the .db3 file into that folder
  • Remove the SD card and place it in the Nav
  • Press Setup
  • In the setup menu select Navigation
  • You should now be able to select My points of Interest
  • Select import
  • Select import database
  • Once complete (5-10secs) select OK and remove SD Card
  • Soft reset the RNS as per the pic above
  • Now press "MAP" button
  • Select extras at the bottom of the screen
  • Select POI Selection
  • Your POI Categories will be at the end of the list
  • Select the ones you want displaying
  • Press ok once finished
  • Do one more soft reset to give it a kick up the hoop

Your POI's should now be displayed (as long as you are near one) :happy2:
thank you so much for the answer,
i tried those steps but basically my RNS doesn't recognise the SD card has the POI of interss,
the folder on the Root called PersonalPOI and  the Databas called PersonalPOI.db3

i am on 3810 FW and hear its read differet datbas formate?
the POI datbas i have is the one from the map 7692, i didnt create it
the map i am using is 7690,
probably this the problem?

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
That's the problem as its the POI from the disc.

You need to use POI inspector and make a database file.

Offline Jamerson

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
    • Email
That's the problem as its the POI from the disc.

You need to use POI inspector and make a database file.
i tired to create one but unfortunaly not working

does anyone has a working databas to share?

thank you

DeCiBeL

Hi there...

I have an older RNS-510 Rev B runnning an older firmware i think its 1200 / Since the (FM,AM and DAB function) comes while i hold the Setup button down, no sectret menu...

The thing is its runing well no battery drain but i want the lattest firmware on it, i got 3810 on a disc will it work without getting drain problem? (car info VW Passat 3C fr. 03/05)

If so i would like to load the drain fix that is mentioned but how do i load it to my unit?

Offline Dp_Ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
anybody got a link to 4020fw for a version c led rns?

thanks

Offline gerudman

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
I've successfully upgraded my B unit to firmware version 2760.  When the % sign stood still for a couple of minutes, my heart did miss a beat or two, but eventually all went smooth  :happy2:

Offline mafri

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
I have just updated my rns510 to 3810. Think it's probably wiped my hard drive, as the unit boots up fine, plays radio/music from an SD card, but asks for my navigation disc. Problem is, it doesn't seem to recognise the hard drive any more - I can't copy music from the SD to the hard drive as it is greyed out in the media screen...

Any ideas, please?

Offline mafri

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
I have just updated my rns510 to 3810. Think it's probably wiped my hard drive, as the unit boots up fine, plays radio/music from an SD card, but asks for my navigation disc. Problem is, it doesn't seem to recognise the hard drive any more - I can't copy music from the SD to the hard drive as it is greyed out in the media screen...

Any ideas, please?

I solved this in the end - just in case someone has the same problem, I copied music from a DVD (that was the only thing that worked), and from there it allowed me to select the HDD.

Offline Dp_Ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
updated mine to 4020, works great and i now get full audio text when using bluetooth audio.

only downside is my screen is now very dim and i can't turn it up. will investigate in the morning

Offline Duke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 4
Is there a link to 4020? I have 3890 at the moment with 7552 maps (how do I update the maps btw?).

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
how do I update the maps btw?
You go to the dealer and buy the disc. Any other method is illegal and cannot/should not be discussed on here.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline nadlad

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • GT Sport 08 140PS
    • Email
Any links to 4020 software

Offline gerudman

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
Hi all,

On firmware 2760 I've also successfully activated VIM by using the RECODE VIM Berto89.zip update. (No firmware update, just setting the VIM to 200km/h)

kristian86

I have a 1T0 035 680 B that was delivered with H03 SW 0900. Earlier today i installed the 2760 sw and now it looks like this:

From what i read this should work fine to upgrade to 3810? with 3810a_noru version of firmware?

The question is, can i after i have installed the 3810 firmware install the 4020 firmware on this one?

I have V8 map.

This looks fine maybe? http://gpsunderground.com/forum/volkswagen-seat-skoda/15903-firmware-rns-510-4020-4026-4028-4024-later-versions.html

Modified version for A and all later versions..

3810 version worked fine!

The OPS changed layout with 3810 fw :)

« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 06:22:51 pm by kristian86 »

minboshim

Hello, I'm new to the VW world.  I have a RNS510 and I'm not sure as to what version it is (A, B, C?) nor do I know what version firmware it is running.  Can I just burn the firmware update (I think it's 3680) and put the cd and run the update?  The instructions on this thread don't say if there is a sequence of updating the old firmware to the new one in order. 

Also, do I need to do any coding myself as in VAG-COM etc?  Thanks so much, so far, my 2009 Passat is amazing to drive.