Make a donation

Author Topic: Tutorial - How to Update RNS-510 Firmware. ***New Links & Firmware*** 19/02/12  (Read 351272 times)

Offline jamie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 2
Still got the issue bizz, is yours an intermittent issue?

I've replaced the screen but that didn't fix it. Apparently it could be the lcd board.

Offline V2 FAN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
  • Porsche 911 inbound
I have the exact same problem as jamie the screen backlight is really dim regardless
any help???

Have a read at Vikings useful response  :happy2:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,83110.msg857615.html#msg857615

Offline bizz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Still got the issue bizz, is yours an intermittent issue?

I've replaced the screen but that didn't fix it. Apparently it could be the lcd board.

I've still got the problem with permanently dim screen which is virtually impossible to see during the day and ok at night I've turn the settings on to bright as possible no change also reset the device my rns doesnt seem to have battery drain issues either considering I have a 07 plate ed30 my rns is 1T0035680D hw:H42 sw:3970 2013 unit
any ideas what i can do to sort this out anybody?

Offline ady-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
Does anyone have a set of POI's they can send? I mainly want speed cameras and also petrol stations if you have them, but not essential.

Thanks

edit, all sorted, Thanks Viking!  :happy2:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 11:45:08 am by ady-gti »

Offline saj1994

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Hi,

I installed a columbus rns 510 into vw golf 2006 and today morning my battery was dead. I bought the unit from ebay and the current firmware installed is 4020. Would this problem be fixed if i do the battery drain fix or do i need to downgrade the firmware. And would the maps still be on the unit if i do the battery drain fix.

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
Re: Tutorial - How to Update RNS-510 Firmware. ***New Links & Firmware*** 19/02/12
« Reply #230 on: September 18, 2014, 07:41:34 pm »
Has anyone got a link to the firmware which stops battery drain? The one in the original post doesn't work for me.

I have a 2006 car with a version B RNS510.
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Tutorial - How to Update RNS-510 Firmware. ***New Links & Firmware*** 19/02/12
« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2014, 07:51:30 pm »
Why do you need it? Have you just installed the unit and have problems with battery drain?
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #232 on: September 18, 2014, 08:38:59 pm »
Why do you need it? Have you just installed the unit and have problems with battery drain?

Yeah dude just installed and having issues.

Cheers for the PM, I've sent you one back :)
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline tyrannosauRoss

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
Hi,

Signed up just to ask a couple of questions as you all seem a very knowledgable bunch.

Holding down setup doesnt appear to bring up the same menu as everyone else to check the firmware and map version.
The only options are FM, Am and DAB, later of which I don't think I even have!

Are these also still the latest firmware versions? Am I just best to start at the lowest one and work my way up or can I just skip to the lastest?

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
If you don't have the developer menu enabled then you can't access it by the holding of the setup button I'm afraid. Either find someone local to you who can enable it for you (with VCDS) or remove the unit to see what's on the sticker on the top.

Does your unit have a "STAR" button on the top right hand side or a "Speaker - i" button?

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline tyrannosauRoss

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
It the speaker with I button

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
So rather old, with the LCD screen.

Best not go any further than 4120 in my opinion, as there's little to be gained by doing so.

Offline tyrannosauRoss

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
Yeah, it's on a 2008 scirocco.

I still need to do plenty reading on it, but it looks like I should atleast do 3810 as this will create some partitions needed. As previously asked do I need to do each one in order?

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Nope, you can just go straight to 4120, no need for 3810 as the partitions are also made with 4*** firmware,

Offline tyrannosauRoss

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
Thanks,

Just to double check you do mean 4120. The firmware repositary on this site doesn't have it, and I'm using the first link on google. Which is warning about not to use the 4120 as it may damage older units  :confused: