Make a donation

Author Topic: Tutorial - How to Update RNS-510 Firmware. ***New Links & Firmware*** 19/02/12  (Read 351306 times)

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
When you get your post count high enough, shoot me a pm and I'll sort you something out.  :happy2:
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline tyrannosauRoss

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Thanks, I will do.

This seems to be a very informative forum about the RNS510 so will no doubt stick around.

I should also ask, what's my post count needed for PMs?

I've had a quick browse on forum titles but nothing seems to stand out as being "rules" or do I need my eyes tested?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 07:40:49 pm by tyrannosauRoss »

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
You need 10 posts mate.
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

TDISportAaron

I'm going to give the firmware update a try this coming weekend - I've bought the 2014 V11 maps off the internet ready, for the Scirocco's RNS510 and the RNS510 in our Tiguan.

I don't know which mode our Tiguan's RNS 510 is though - can't gain access to the information - even by pressing and holding the Setup button.

So I've downloaded firmware 3810 ready to burn to DVD and will give it a try.... Unless someone warns me otherwise?

MrZi

I was prepare Sdcard with Maps Tool program map V12 WEST and burn CD with iso image on my RNS 510 firmware 4120A and process didnt end.
I get error:

How can I repair it? What does this error mean?

skank128

Hi all newbie to the gang

I wanted to find out if you faced any issues with battery drain after the update. I have a 2006 mk5 1.6FSI  and i haven't yet checked the canbus but ive been reading that theres modified versions to assist with upgrades. Are there any links for updates for maps and modififed firmwares. Ive been on the hunt and i managed to be directed to this page as there was a link for the 4020a update. Been racking my brain over this since i installed the rns into my golf. I cant get access into the software version so im going to take a risk to update it to 2760 then work my way up. Also are there any reasonably priced canbus's which can be programmed on ebay?

tugallez

Hi,

I have a RNS 510 C (1T0 035 680 C)
the radio is great, Europe map with portuguese language, video unlocked...

But my car use a old can bus (VW 2006), and if I don't use the car... only 1 day... the battery drain

It's possible to resolve/update this?

dpw1

Hi ALL,

I took the plunge and upgraded the firmware using the guide to fw26xx and it worked. I now however still dont have 7 digit postcode search. I ve read a few different forums and discovered you need maps v7 as well. I only have the 6.2 disk :(. Can anyone pm me a link to the version 7.1 / 7.2 maps so i can get 7 digit postcode please. ive looked on google and all the links seem to be dead. ive looked on ebay and the only disks i can find seem to be in latvia. Can any help?

SammyD

Thanks,

I used the modded 3810 software and updated my version B. All went well but now it is asking me to insert the nav dvd. I don't have one :(
Any advise? Thanks.

dizzee stuff

I am new to the forum so learning all the time, is there anyone reliable in the Birmingham west midlands area who could update my firmware and maps on my revision B 510 including full postcode.

Offline samiul11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
I've got a GTI registered in December 2006. Which firmware do i need to prevent battery drain?

Sounds very confusing to me  :confused:

Offline toosmiles

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92286.0.html
hey guys,
how can i unlock the screen where it says what firmware and map im running?
its a rns510 in a mk6 golf,i hold down the set up button but it just goes to a radio select screen?
thanks
Golf R mk6 R-tech tuned GTX3071r

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
hey guys,
its a rns510 in a mk6 golf,i hold down the set up button but it just goes to a radio select screen?
thanks
If you have vcds then you can unlock it in the adaptation section.

Or if you have a Video In Motion disc then it does the menu at the same time.

Offline toosmiles

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92286.0.html
hey guys,
thanks
If you have vcds then you can unlock it in the adaptation section.

Or if you have a Video In Motion disc then it does the menu at the same time.
thanks for the reply m8,
ive got vcds,have you got a link or tell me whereabouts to go please?
Golf R mk6 R-tech tuned GTX3071r

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Load up VCDS, click on navigation, go into adaption and IIRC change channel 50 to 1.
Reboot the rns and it should work.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.