Make a donation

Author Topic: rite i need some help with fitting my brakes  (Read 1335 times)

Offline chrishalfpenny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
rite i need some help with fitting my brakes
« on: March 04, 2011, 02:07:14 pm »
After lots of help from daveb to do with which brake setup would suite me the best he recommended the f40 calipers with alcon package he had put together, he was very helpful and even refurbed them in the r32 blue. I brought the kit (not from daveb) and i didnt come with bolts to attach the caliper to the adapter thingyyy :), dave said he would send them but they never turned up which was fine so i pm'ed him twice just asking for a link to the correct bolts needed so i could purchase what i needed. He never got back to me which i must say irritated me a little but i know he is a busy man with family on the way ect and he was very helpful, so what i want to know is can anyone else help me?

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: rite i need some help with fitting my brakes
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 02:09:34 pm »
I wouldn't imagine that Dave is ignoring you, he's probably busy elsewhere.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 02:15:43 pm »
would think he might not even be in the uk at the mo he gets about abit in his job

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline chrishalfpenny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 02:20:00 pm »
to be fare i pm'ed him about 2 months ago and i no hes been online since but im not blaming him i just want to get it sorted

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 10:43:28 am »
Right I'm a bloody idiot, sorry Chris, you should have shouted louder  - get a dozen pms a day on this forum alone never mind the others but no excuses my fault.

Its probably 4 months since I saw one of those calipers  so I need you to tell me how long the bolts need to be so measure how long the 12mm hole is in the caliper and then measure how deep the bolt can go into the caliper carrier add 1.5mm for a spring washer and thats the number I need.

They can be a little short but not too long

Let me know the number and your address and I'll get them to you this week.

PS for everybodys benefit - the size /  thread pitch of the bolts is M12x1.5 which is VAG/Porsche/Ferrari/Brembo/AP Racing standard spec unless you buy from ebay then its standard thread pitch

Offline chrishalfpenny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 09:53:14 am »
Thats great ill try to get the measurement some time today and ill pm you it over