All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Best deals on tyres?
Mark_GTIV:
I've completely revised my opinion about Michelin PS 2. I went from Conti Sport Contact 2s to PS2 back in November and up until recently didn't rate them at all. But they've got better with wear. Now with the tyre pressures TT recommended they are fantastic.
Last Friday fast driving from SPA to the 'ring over the Eiffel region, in constant thunder storms, my mate's Mk5 GTI (stage 1 tuned running Monza IIs on 18'' Bridgestone RE50a) was all over the place - actually he said he lost confidence in it. Meanwhile I was merrily blatting away, finding loads of grip and happily getting on the throttle quite early in corners.
But on the 'ring the car was in a different class, even in sections where there was standing water (foxhole !!!) the car was brilliantly stable and I knew how much grip it had. I'm blown away how good the PS2s are, with these pressures (2.9 Bar front, 2.6 Bar rear) with 6.5mm tread depth.
I would never have believed that pressures could make such a difference.
holty:
Another recommendation for blackcircles here - used them 4 separate times now. Might be worth looking for a promo code on the net to get an extra % off - I think i managed to get 5% off last time!
bacillus:
--- Quote from: Mark_GTIV on July 08, 2009, 08:58:10 am --- I'm blown away how good the PS2s are, with these pressures (1.9 Bar front, 1.6 Bar rear) with 6.5mm tread depth.
I would never have believed that pressures could make such a difference.
--- End quote ---
Either it's a typo or you are underflating your tyres...
Mark_GTIV:
thats a typo... 2.9 and 2.6
JPC:
ill try those pressures, see how it goes!
very high, but ill give them a go for a week
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version