Make a donation

Author Topic: Which camera £300ish to spend  (Read 1451 times)

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Which camera £300ish to spend
« on: March 19, 2011, 03:54:14 pm »
 went got dragged out to the shops today and managed to escape while she was looking at coats in Next, ended up hiding in PC world messing with the cameras and realised how dated my current compact cameta is.

Theres nothing wrong with my current camera, takes great pics sometimes but seems very hit and miss, not the fastest to set up for taking a pic etc.... And sometimes miss the opportunity.

Played with a few but the Lumix G10 felt great, not too heavy, fast and easy to use, rather robust and not too pricy. Any other I should consider?

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: Which camera £300ish to spend
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 04:01:41 pm »
Depends what you want to do really. £300 is budget DSLR or bridge camera territory.

I know Rich has a Canon G12 which he likes and gets good results with. Maybe you should bite the bullet and pay the extra for something like that.  :smiley:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0042RUAPC/ref=asc_df_B0042RUAPC2336483?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B0042RUAPC

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
Re: Which camera £300ish to spend
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 06:10:32 pm »
went got dragged out to the shops today and managed to escape while she was looking at coats in Next, ended up hiding in PC world messing with the cameras and realised how dated my current compact cameta is.

Theres nothing wrong with my current camera, takes great pics sometimes but seems very hit and miss, not the fastest to set up for taking a pic etc.... And sometimes miss the opportunity.

Played with a few but the Lumix G10 felt great, not too heavy, fast and easy to use, rather robust and not too pricy. Any other I should consider?
I have the Lumix G10 and cannot recommend it enough, easy to use with straight forward settings. I don't think you will be disappointed with it. :happy2: