Make a donation

Author Topic: IDIOTS GUIDE TO POWER SEATS  (Read 1942 times)

Offline jimmy-s3

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
IDIOTS GUIDE TO POWER SEATS
« on: March 26, 2011, 03:59:47 pm »
I have Edition30 seats in my '05' GTI.
Obviously my car didnt come with wiring loom to power the heated seat function or lumber support, but what im wanting to do is adjust the lumber support as it doesnt feel as firm as the passanger side (which hardly gets sat in).

How can i get some power to the seat to adjust this and does anyone know what is what under the seat??

Thanks in advance :happy2:

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Re: IDIOTS GUIDE TO POWER SEATS
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 07:17:23 pm »
You will just need a 12v feed and ground to the big black plug under the seat.

This wiring diagram is for heated seats from 2007 onwards, as they are ED30 I'm sure they are 2007+.

This diagram doesn't allow for lumbar support though so check your drivers side plug and look for the pin thats not listed in this diagram.

Pin 5 is your ground.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_y2Yifl1vjns/S4dVKZUaaEI/AAAAAAAAD2M/IO5x7mC7g1M/s1600-h/Heated+Seats+2007%2B.jpg

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:55:12 pm by apollo13 »
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline jimmy-s3

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 03:42:05 pm »
Still abit unsure? Im not 100% confident of reading wiring diagrams?

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 03:52:36 pm »
Jimmy undo the big black plug on the seat you want to adjust and take a pic of it and post it on here.

Try and get a decent photo of the pins and wires going in.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 03:57:00 pm by apollo13 »
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline jimmy-s3

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 07:11:29 pm »
Will do!

Offline jimmy-s3

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 07:43:58 pm »

The main block connector would plug into the loom from the car(which mine doesnt have, as its not an ED30). Does that mean two wires are for the heated seat,two are for the power lumber adjust and the one remaining is the earth???

Sorry if the pics are hard to make out!

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 08:01:15 pm »
In your top pic I'd say that left to right on the top row are pins 1-5 and the bottom left to right are 6-10

Therefore blue/black is 4
                brown is 5 (ground)
                red/black is 8
                blue/purple is 10

Looking at the diagram I'd say pin 8 is the 12v to the lumbar support.

Offline jimmy-s3

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 08:30:01 pm »
Great.. i'll try it out tomorrow!

Thanks for your help :happy2: