Make a donation

Author Topic: Caution when getting a trial  (Read 5135 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Caution when getting a trial
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 10:49:51 pm »
If REVO stage one was 400 quid I'm sure that virtually every unmapped GTI owner would go REVO instead of looking elsewhere.

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 11:16:04 pm »
If REVO stage one was 400 quid I'm sure that virtually every unmapped GTI owner would go REVO instead of looking elsewhere.

ahmen  :innocent:
2006, silver, 5 door, top spec, low miles MKV GTI for sale - looking for offers above 9k!

Joe.

Offline Spin

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 12:02:20 pm »
Reading through this thread there are some valid comments concerning the up front explanation from the Revo delaers about trial software and its implications - this needs to be re-briefed so the customer is made fully aware but having said that surely the onus is on the individual to investigate fully before taking the plunge and the information is readily available on the website.

On the subject of pricing I can see the point about initial costs being dictated by R&D etc but come on ,  now be honest,  why charge less than you have to ?

Any business that has a product that sells well needs to maximise the profit it offers and very few Revo users complain about the costs once they purchased.

I'd rather pay the extra and have peace of mind that the product is fully tested and that it has the back up of a reputable company.

I have had numerous cars remapped by Superchips, Evolve , GIAc and more recently Revo - the cost is higher but the quality is transparent,  you pay your money and make your choice as they say...
Carbon Grey 3 Dr Mk6 GTi 2.0T,  Milltek TB Race non resonated, ITG Intake, Revo Stage 2 & AP Racing BBK - Sold.
BMW M135i- Pretty Good,  but a bit ugly.

"Fast Cars Are Safer"