Make a donation

Author Topic: Midline to highline retrofit.  (Read 18048 times)

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
Re: Midline to highline retrofit.
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 05:46:31 pm »
Raging, its probably because you arent an american registered user you can add a US address and then you can do more things.

GTlee if you dont have GTI then go for this one from UK seller its the right model apart from the foil on the rev counter which you can swop from your clusters or just live with the fact that the redline is out.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK5-1-4-TSI-INSTRUMENT-CLUSTER-CLOCKS-/110587796217?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19bf8bdaf9#ht_2134wt_830

Its only GTI clusters with the recessed silver plastic which are hard to find in the UK so I went to USA.

Thanks again Rich,does the letter make any difference as mine ends with a B rather the above item an A?
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 09:28:41 am »
That will likely determine things like the rev range so difference between petrol and diesel as this one comes out of a 1.4TSI but for instance MorttyGTTDI runs R32 cluster on his sootchucker everything else will work but obviously you wont have till the red line available in revs so you can change the foil (disc that goes under the needle) very easily from your old cluster.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 10:38:27 pm »
Rich,

Thanks for the info but I prefer to have an soot chucker rev counter to keep it oem if you like.  :grin:
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 09:41:04 am »
AS said you can just change the foil from your old clocks, the dial is a piece of plastic stuck on the front, that is the only difference, the revs will show correctly as the unit receives the number of revs as a signal from the ECU, its a 5 minute job to switch them over.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 12:22:51 pm »
Great info Rich  :happy2:

You can tell you've been swotting up  :grin:
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 12:32:01 pm »
Great info Rich  :happy2:

You can tell you've been swotting up  :grin:

Yep sure have with a bit of help from you and previously darren  :drinking:, my friend in New York finally posted my clocks out end of last week so will be in touch shortly  :jumpmove:

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 11:17:57 pm »
UPDATE

Got hold of an 974B cluster from fleabay so on the phone to Shark performance spoke to Ben and was told he can't decode the 974 clocks............ :sad1: :sad1: :sad1, bummer all that for F-all!!

So any ideas as to what to do next?? :sad1:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 09:18:30 am »
 :surprised:  I thought he could do them all as in he had a VAS system, have you tried the other guys listed in the sitckied highline thread hazydays etc see if they can code and how much?

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 03:00:50 pm »
Just emailed hazzydaz and spoke to Ricthersport,still waiting for reply email from hazzydaz and phone call from ricthersport. :jumping:

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 11:11:09 pm »
Still no phone call or email? :sad1:

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2011, 12:55:35 pm »
ive got the GTI/R32 cluster in my 1.9 tdi, i got it for the US as they are very common over there the biggest thing to remember is it will take about 2 weeks to turn up and you the post man will put a letter thro your door saying they have a parcel and you have to phone up and pay TAX on it before they will deliever it

2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2011, 08:50:13 pm »
UPDATE:

Right finally took the plunge to get the highline fitted as you all know I purchased a 974 B clocks from fleabay and been having trouble getting anyone to extract the SKC codes from the 2 clusters.

My old cluster was no problem as the SKC was pulled from OBD but the "New" cluster was not going to play ball so the only option was to "On the bench extraction".

Both SKC extracted the simply case of transfering mileage and service data over.

Enabled Navigation on FIS and everythings is working as it should.

Well chuffed with this mod but got the bug ........RVC,............Bluetooth???? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:15:05 pm by gtlee »

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011, 09:25:15 pm »
Glad to hear your all sorted mate  :happy2:

Who did the 'extraction' on the 974??
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 06:15:52 pm »
Well everything fine until I tried the buttons onthe left hand of the steering wheel,with the Nav and audio enabled on the FIS the buttons that normally work (that is the mute,up and down tracks) don't NOW!!

Had a play with VCDS and it seems that either you have Full FIS with Nav and audio or no button control on one side of the steering wheel??????

Anybody have a clue.

BTW I have an mk6 mfsw with cruise and rns-510 :confused: :confused:

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 07:30:22 pm »
Glad to hear your all sorted mate  :happy2:

Who did the 'extraction' on the 974??

The guy who coded my clocks is the new member on here called Kalu,can't fault him at all and watching him work with vcds was amazing.
Highly recommended,top man! :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: