Make a donation

Author Topic: Rear wiper arm part number  (Read 3881 times)

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
Rear wiper arm part number
« on: May 14, 2024, 05:56:59 pm »
Hi guys,

Need to replace the rear wiper arm (not the blade). Does anyone have the part number to the latest revision please?

Thanks

Rich

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Rear wiper arm part number
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 11:19:29 pm »
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2024, 08:41:03 pm »
Just a helpful hinto fro anyone having to replace the rear wiper arm.

The new part from VW is £55 and the cap is £7.

I sourced a Febi branded one for £21. The model is Febi 177730. Direct replacement and includes cap. The wiper arm is of a decent quality and well made.

Handy hint - if you are having to replace the wiper arm due to the plastic cracking and the central ring spinning freely, remove the arm and leave the silver ring on the spindle. The ring is usually seized in place on the spindle. Save your effort trying to pull/lever it off - potentially causing damage. Just use a Dremel and cut a deep notch into the silver ring and then use a flat head screwdriver to leave the ring apart. It comes straight off the spindle.

Rich

Offline probedb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 09:01:33 am »
Just be careful with ebay specials though, cheap as chips but the spring wasn't strong enough to push the whole wiper against the windscreen. Genuine VW one so much better.

@richtung do you have a part number for the cap? Mine is now light grey instead of black  :laugh:

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 100
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 09:40:03 am »
Just be careful with ebay specials though, cheap as chips but the spring wasn't strong enough to push the whole wiper against the windscreen. Genuine VW one so much better.

@richtung do you have a part number for the cap? Mine is now light grey instead of black  :laugh:

I agree, I bought a cheapy which didn't contact the screen hard enough and then had to buy genuine one. There's a lot of truth the saying "If you buy cheap, you buy twice".

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 10:57:55 am »

I dont mate - i just rang up the dealers and they gave me the price over the phone. You could have had mine but thats probably equally as grey as your!

Rich

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 11:02:14 am »

I agree, I bought a cheapy which didn't contact the screen hard enough and then had to buy genuine one. There's a lot of truth the saying "If you buy cheap, you buy twice".

I fully agree on this - however, as the part was made by Febi who are i felt it was worth a try. No issues for me - wiper blade makes full contact with the glass etc.

Rich

Offline fakie1977

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 07:13:07 pm »
Black cover is part number 6Q6955435D

Genuine ones range from £12-15 online

Not sure how much it is direct from VW but can’t be that much difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk