Author Topic: Intake Manifold Flap  (Read 8098 times)

Offline Wadgti

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Intake Manifold Flap
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2019, 12:15:56 PM »
Nice one I will measure blocks 142 and 143 tongiht when I get home and post the results, will also do a datalog but not sure if you can attached xls sheets to the post?

@Pudding temped to use a wire coat hanger and some string  and make a pulley system for the flaps and just do it manually  :happy2:

Offline Pudding

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 427
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2019, 05:05:32 PM »
Have you got google drive?  If you have, just bung it on there put a link to it on here.  Make sure it's got public access though.  If not, set yourself up with a gmail account and you'll get it as standard  :happy2:

What VCDS have you got?  I highly recommend HEX-NET and use VCDS mobile.  It's REALLY useful for checking stuff when driving.  You can't really look at a laptop sat on the passenger seat but a log would work also.

Log pedal position, water temp, rpm and flap position actual (143) and see what happens before reverting to medieval pulleys and ropes  :grin:
Black Edition 30 with manually selected cogs, a beefier clutch, some extra boost and them Whiteline thingies, otherwise standard.

Offline Wadgti

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2019, 08:46:32 PM »
So i did a run earlier  - i will try and post the pictures but not sure how to lay them out on the post. I will download tapatalk tomorrow and see if that helps - I have named the photos

Before adaption - code not cleared
Before-Adaption-Code-not-cleared" border="0

Before adaption - code not cleared - idle
Before-adaption-Idle-Code-not-cleared" border="0

Adaption screen - before adaption
Adaption-Screen-before-adaption" border="0

Adaption complete
Adaption-complete" border="0

Idle after adaption
Idle-after-adaption" border="0

1800rpm
1800-rpm" border="0

Log file -

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z3vBybiUAtm3QCrP0XbAaWfp_b4-3V_S/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 09:01:08 PM by Wadgti »

Offline Wadgti

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2019, 09:04:36 PM »
Sorry I dont have excel on this laptop - usually use the work so I cant make sense of the data this now. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

The plot thickens.... :laugh:

Offline Pudding

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 427
« Reply #34 on: Yesterday at 11:31:04 AM »
Hmmmm, I'm now wondering if the % is open or closed now  :grin:    Yours is definitely moving but it seems to be the reverse operation of mine!. 99% open makes more sense than 99% closed thinking about it.  The plot does indeed thicken! 

Mine drives perfectly fine though!  God knows.  I'll try a basic settings adaptation and see if that changes anything!
Black Edition 30 with manually selected cogs, a beefier clutch, some extra boost and them Whiteline thingies, otherwise standard.