All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Puddle lights
182_blue:
theres another thread somewhere about this, iirc the parts alone are over £400, then you need some wiring and programing, its something i would like, but not worth that hassle unless someone has a simple way of doing it
182_blue:
this is another idea
tony_danza:
^^ deffo easier. Tap into the wiring on the red light and dot in some LEDs along the bottom of the door panel.
I've got the puddle lights, they're ok I suppose but need a bulb upgrade for sure - and I just can't be bothered taking them apart.
Merlinman:
I've upgraded the bulbs in mine with 'Xenon' white sidelight bulbs - easy and worthwhile improvement :happy2:
RedRobin:
....
Are we talking about the 'downlighters' in the base of the wing mirrors?
My 06-build GTI has them already. My dealer friend used his VAS to extend their "On" time for me. Very useful for me to see that I don't accidentally damage my car with my ramps in the dark.
How easy is it to change the bulbs to LED's?
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version