Make a donation

Author Topic: DRL Controller Help!!  (Read 1223 times)

Offline CocoPops

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 11
    • Kennet Heath
    • Email
DRL Controller Help!!
« on: July 18, 2011, 04:17:19 pm »
Right,

So I have a strange issue....
I have the following DRL controller (see instructions below).

When I first plug the controller into the battery, the DRLS light up for a 2 second self test.
But when I connect the "For "+" Signal Control to a 12v feed", the DRLS do not come on.

So, am I missing something obvious?
I'm using a fuse tap, to take a switched live off the fuel pump fuse. (ie when the fuel pump is on, the 12v feed is live).
I've even tried connecting the signal control wire to the 12v + side of the battery, no joy.

This is the 2nd DRL controller I've had, thinking the first one was faulty, but I guess I'm doing something wrong as they are both the same.

Regards,
Lee.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:23:54 pm by CocoPops »
Used to Own: 2008 GTI Ed30 | ITG Intake | Miltek TBE System | Bluefin Stage 2 | 327bhp
On Order: 2017 Golf GTI Performance Pack 5dr DSG
Also own: 2016 Lotus Evora 400

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: DRL Controller Help!!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 09:09:57 pm »
Lee,

So far as I can see you'll want the +ve & -ve battery terminals connected to supply power to the lamp.  Next you want the +ve & -ve DRL connected to the DRL lamp. The only one in question is the sensing wire which can be set to +ve or -ve by swapping the inline crimped connector over.  I would think that if you have the +ve connected to a 12v source it should allow the lamps to operate.

I think Position Light is Side Light.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available