Make a donation

Author Topic: Tfsi Mikes Money Pit :: AKS built Cupra :: TTE420 :: Rtech Tuned  (Read 693540 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
K04 hybrid  :party: :party:

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email

Ah, Keith!

If I dceide on Ko4 Hybrid, WMI, or Both  :innocent: later in the year.  Can my mapping be calibrated to get the most from that setup?   :drinking: :drinking:

For sure.  With a Ko4 hybrid we are looking at quite a bit of work though so I'm not sure how to price it.

If you want just WMI, that's simple, takes half a day and I wouldn't charge you for it.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Thanks for the reply Keith   :drinking::happy2:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
How much for a hybrid turbo mike, ould you go for a loba or a custom one using your own turbo?  What about a GT28 instead.  You have everything else already in place.  Plus you wont have the engine issues of STeve and DanGB as you have the K04 engine in so stronger rods and lower compression.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
How much for a hybrid turbo Mike, ould you go for a loba or a custom one using your own turbo?  What about a GT28 instead.  You have everything else already in place.  Plus you wont have the engine issues of Steve and DanGB as you have the K04 engine in so stronger rods and lower compression.

Not sure mate.  Id probably go for the most cost effective given my sickening Uk wage  :sick:  

*Getting royally dicked about with OP Iodine too.  5 days before our first flights it might be pushed back to Aug or binned all together.  :fighting: :fighting:

Offline cupra_buzz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
what date does tour start?

Offline james

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 19
i would not waste your time with hybrid turbo,  you only get an extra 20bhp.   I am running a k04 and wmi and getting 400bhp and that is  :driver:

Can take you for a spin  :happy2:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
i would not waste your time with hybrid turbo,  you only get an extra 20bhp.   I am running a k04 and wmi and getting 400bhp and that is  :driver:

Where are you based, James?  Are you running quite high concentration of meth?

Offline james

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
im running 60/40 now seems a perfect mix.  i am in kent but i got up and down the m1 alot.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
im running 60/40 now seems a perfect mix.  i am in kent but i got up and down the m1 alot.

Dont think id be comfortable running more than 30% meth 70Water:30Meth

Offline james

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
OK mate, well I think 50/50 is safe also.  Your only injecting over 11psi so it is not going in all the time.

I still have abit of ally In pure meth to see how long it takes to deteriorate and it is still perfect after a month , not sure how long it takes.
Also I am changing my oil every 3k, as the meth gets into it.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
I'd try WMI first before hybrid K04. The benefits are bigger and it is cheaper to fit. 50/50 is known to give decent results, but for the odd 1/4 mile meet there is nothing wrong with upping that to 70/30. You can even add 16% to a tank of fuel to up the octane from 98 to 110. I wouldn't recommend it on a permanent basis although the power benefits for track days and the drag strip are undeniably positive with the right mapping to match it.

Steve Jr has been running a hybrid with WMI for a while now and it makes over 430 bhp and 440lbft on a 50/50 mix with a GIAC extreme map. Runs really smoothly too. :smiley:
Golf R gone.

Offline Obese

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
sorry to jump on your thread, but WMI is something that im extreemly interested in, my biggest concern is the meth killing the throttle body, where are people running their injectors?

As far as i can make out its a good mod on the tfsi but struggle to find any real info

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
.... how much power do you need?

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You

The hybrids all run at around 400hp as well.