Make a donation

Author Topic: Tfsi Mikes Money Pit :: AKS built Cupra :: TTE420 :: Rtech Tuned  (Read 693516 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: Tfsi Mikes Money Pit :: APR / AKS Cupra ::
« Reply #2460 on: May 13, 2014, 07:08:15 pm »

Haha. Chinky on Sunday night would've been interesting then lol

Offline Neilgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #2461 on: May 13, 2014, 07:10:24 pm »

Haha. Chinky on Sunday night would've been interesting then lol
Yes cos it was his round  :grin:
MK5 GTi
MK5 R32
MK6 Gti, all gone but not forgotten
Now loving the 7R

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #2462 on: May 15, 2014, 08:24:53 pm »
Read all 165 pages today at work  :laugh: love this car, brilliant example mike must be rapid'o  :happy2: :happy2:
Edition 30 build No:692 Revo stage 2 SOLD
Edition 30 build No:440 Stage 1 SOLD

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #2463 on: May 15, 2014, 08:34:39 pm »
Wow. Appreciate that dude, it's getting a bit of a hand full to read and feels like nothing major has happened for ages  :sad1:

Dropping it off at AKS bank holiday for;

Cambelt kit / waterpump
Collecting pagid blues
Custom AKS Throttle body pipe
Rear heatshield for the intake
Reinforce the slam panel where my bonnet pins are.

Then gonna get the v3.4 map flashed on and see what all the fuss is about .

Hopefully buying Shaun Moody's WMI kit this week  :innocent:

Getting a quote for repair of a couple of paint imperfections while it's at AKS aswell .

Been thinking about facelift tailgate too as the Cupra R spoiler is miles nicer than the BTCC spoiler for the pre facelift

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
« Reply #2464 on: May 15, 2014, 08:45:21 pm »
Wow. Appreciate that dude, it's getting a bit of a hand full to read and feels like nothing major has happened for ages  :sad1:

Dropping it off at AKS bank holiday for;

Cambelt kit / waterpump
Collecting pagid blues
Custom AKS Throttle body pipe
Rear heatshield for the intake
Reinforce the slam panel where my bonnet pins are.

Then gonna get the v3.4 map flashed on and see what all the fuss is about .

Hopefully buying Shaun Moody's WMI kit this week  :innocent:

Getting a quote for repair of a couple of paint imperfections while it's at AKS aswell .

Been thinking about facelift tailgate too as the Cupra R spoiler is miles nicer than the BTCC spoiler for the pre facelift
I'm really considering fitting the CTS charge pipe and IC - TB pipe. A custom jobbie would be pritty cool, be good to see what you and Alex come up with in that  :smiley:

I've been thinking for about a month do I swap my REVO software for something else, been reading about other tuners software  and keep thinking hmmmm  :sad1:

My software is just installed by a switch and not ' properly ' set up on a dyno so I constantly think my car isn't running at its full stage 2 potential if you see where I'm coming from.

I prefer the Cupra r spoiler as well looks much nicer IMO.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #2465 on: May 15, 2014, 08:50:36 pm »

I know what you mean. In that respect Rtech seems to be the option to go for. Individually setup and not just flash and forget. 

I'm looking forward to the TB pipe. I have a huge cooler so once Alex has set out the dimensions & jigged the template he will be able to make them on request. Watch this space  :smiley:

Can't wait to get her on track again next month  :driver:  Not used it in anger for ages.

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
« Reply #2466 on: May 15, 2014, 09:04:35 pm »
Yeah I like the sound of Rtech from what I've read and also I'll get the stage 2 map and not the 1.5 because I've got the s3 intercooler fitted now  :smiley:

Where do you think you'll draw the line and say that's it, she ain't getting no more mods  :signLOL:
Yours has had some cash thrown at it now  :laugh:

Anger? Lol I can't wait to track mine as never done a track day, want to get a few in then hit the nurburgring at the end of the year/next year  :driver: keep debating a set of buckets and harnesses with a semi stripped interior but can't make my mind up + it's £1000+ish for the sparcos frames bolts and harness and I'm not sure I'll like buckets for everyday driving

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #2467 on: May 15, 2014, 09:12:46 pm »

There will be £2k+ worth of carbon seats / mounts / harnesses getting listed soon for around £1100 I would sell my nuts for them but don't think I'm gonna be able to afford them  :sad1: :sad1:

They're one of the major things left on my wish list.  I'd like Alex to fit the Nortech turbo kit to mine or at least a hybrid Ko4

Then I'd be happy to say it's finished  :innocent:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #2468 on: May 15, 2014, 09:14:54 pm »
Yeah I like the sound of Rtech from what I've read and also I'll get the stage 2 map and not the 1.5 because I've got the s3 intercooler fitted now  :smiley:

Where do you think you'll draw the line and say that's it, she ain't getting no more mods  :signLOL:
Yours has had some cash thrown at it now  :laugh:

Anger? Lol I can't wait to track mine as never done a track day, want to get a few in then hit the nurburgring at the end of the year/next year  :driver: keep debating a set of buckets and harnesses with a semi stripped interior but can't make my mind up + it's £1000+ish for the sparcos frames bolts and harness and I'm not sure I'll like buckets for everyday driving

You won't regret that matey!

I had a ride in an R-Tech stage 2 Ed30 and it was suuuuupa smoooooth and effortlessly quick.

Saintsteve is going back there for the latest generation of Niki's map with the LBK tune.

Mike - your OCD is rubbin off on me. I'm doing a 5k intermediate oil change. . . There's a first for everything  :scared:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
« Reply #2469 on: May 15, 2014, 09:19:04 pm »
Sell your nuts it'll be fine you've got your boy already  :P

Seen carbon seats in your list, I love pikey motorsports sparco set up in his track car, but I'm 50/50 on the bucket for everyday driving and the missus would last 10 minutes max before moaning about the harness lol

I'd love a hybrid turbo in mine aswell, don't think I'll go down the full engine rebuild and huge turbo upgrade as it's mega cash and were tryna buy a house within the next 12 months.

Thing is, will we actually say that's it and never touch them again  :surprised: :ashamed:.....

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #2470 on: May 15, 2014, 09:20:24 pm »

Who you kidding lol

Mike - your OCD is rubbin off on me. I'm doing a 5k intermediate oil change. . . There's a first for everything  :scared:

Ive always done that.  Asking 50-100Hp and more from an engine ver stock IMO means you need to care for it better

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
« Reply #2471 on: May 15, 2014, 09:23:40 pm »
You won't regret that matey!

I had a ride in an R-Tech stage 2 Ed30 and it was suuuuupa smoooooth and effortlessly quick.

Saintsteve is going back there for the latest generation of Niki's map with the LBK tune.

Mike - your OCD is rubbin off on me. I'm doing a 5k intermediate oil change. . . There's a first for everything  :scared:
[/quote]
It's so tempting and when I finally book Alex for the clutch Rtech is on the way home sort of  :laugh:

I recon I will change over to Rtech by the summer.

I'm the same I've had my edition since August, covered 9K and had 4 oil changes 2 sets of plugs and a coolant flush  :ashamed:

Look after your car it'll look after you is the saying right?

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #2472 on: May 15, 2014, 09:33:48 pm »

Countless oil changes, cam followers, plugs, coils, 2 brake fluid flushes, oil pickup pipe, 2 cambelts in 6.5 years / 72k miles lol

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
« Reply #2473 on: May 15, 2014, 09:38:20 pm »
Got some catching up to do  :signLOL: doing my cam follower and PCV again next weekend as done 5K in them now with rev C follower and N PCV might sound crazy changing them for the same rev but it's  More piece of mind and safer running engine than anything. Never been one to leave stuff till it's 'annual service' time.
 Every 3 monthes she gets fresh bits to keep her happy
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 09:39:58 pm by SurreyED30 »

Offline Gti_Mad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #2474 on: May 15, 2014, 11:15:33 pm »

There will be £2k+ worth of carbon seats / mounts / harnesses getting listed soon for around £1100 I would sell my nuts for them but don't think I'm gonna be able to afford them  :sad1: :sad1:

They're one of the major things left on my wish list.  I'd like Alex to fit the Nortech turbo kit to mine or at least a hybrid Ko4

By who mike pics??

Had the ED30, but not got the balls.

Mk5 silver 5door Ed30 1707- now sold
Mk6 silver 3door Golf R- current