Make a donation

Author Topic: Sy's vRS APR/LOBA Hybrid - Now replaced with a proper car!  (Read 140218 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Sy's vRS APR/LOBA Hybrid - Has anyone seen my car?
« Reply #600 on: June 03, 2013, 10:56:48 pm »
Who are you insured with? Have you tried another Insurance Company to see if they do the same?

The Mondeo was Swinton, the Fabia is Prestige, Now both are with Prestige.  I got a small discount but not much.  trie a load of other companies, but the ones that do offer a decent discout on a second vehicle wont cover anything modified.

TBH, its a blessing really.  It means i can save more money instead of needlesly wasting it.

Plenty of Nice BMW/Mercs/Audis on the market for sub 8-10k that wil put a smile on my face with no need to tweak them.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #601 on: June 03, 2013, 11:29:30 pm »
Tis a shame. Won't bother mentioning that my mate only pays 200 pounds to insure his mx5 in London on a classic car policy then.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #602 on: June 03, 2013, 11:34:48 pm »
sorry to hear this!

S3 or twin car route. Tempting!

Seeing as you like trackdays though id say go the twin car route. Those clio cups are soooooo cheap to run. 30 pounds for uprated brembo brakes discs, costs me 300 just for sh*tty stock ttrs ones.

Track ready toy time  :happy2:

The twin car route might well be getting axed. 

My car insurance phoned me up for my mondeo run about and told me my no claims bonus that I used cannot be applied to the Mondeo because it is being used on the Fabia policy and it can only ever be used on one policy.

I argued that it was me who has earnt the no claims, not the car, but in their eyes the car has the no claims and I need to build up a second set of no claims on the other car.  I then asked what happens if i crash one car, do i lose both sets of no claims to the answer ...Yes.  He didnt agree that contradicted his first point though  :fighting:

I have two cars:  #1 Fabia vRS worth 10k highly modified. 250hp.  #2 Mondeo 1.8LX worth £200. 115Hp.

The mondeo costs me over twice the amount of the Fabia despite being 50 times cheaper, un modified and less than half the power!!!  Im not willing to pay that, its ridiculous

Anyway, long story short, Ill be getting one motor for the time being.  Not sure what, there isnt a huge amount for sale near me tbh, and the nearest track is about 200 miles away, so i might just get a luxury barge with some nice power to tide me over for the next 2 years whilst im living on the north coast of scotland especially as im only doing about 400 miles a month.

Update on the Fabia.........

APR reckon it should be ready this week.   :confused:  Not the first time ive heard that though. 

Stock turbo is going on this week as is the stock IC/radiator.  WMI is coming off for mikes Cupra, then the rest comes off as soon as its back up here.  hopefully by July, I wont own a Fabia...

Sy, I had the same problem when insuring a 2nd car, and it is a PITA, exactly the same story as u but there's nothing u can do about it, they insure the car not the driver!!   :fighting:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
Re: Sy's vRS APR/LOBA Hybrid - Now Replaced with a proper car!!
« Reply #603 on: September 21, 2013, 04:02:05 pm »
Well guys, this thread is no more.  She has GONE!!!!

I got £8700 for her in the end which I was very happy with considering the faulty power steering, the cracked rear bumper from APRs workshop, missing front tow eye cover (its somewhere in Silverstone race track) and different alloys to what it came from the factory with (Anthracite Gigaros instead of Black Gigaro's)

Had he looked in the engine bay he would have also noticed the cracked battery cover, crushed air intake pipe, if he had looked in the boot he would have seen the massive holes left from the WMI tank and in the interior he might have noticed the Green LED on the dash for the WMI, but the guy never showed much interest in looking in the car  :innocent:  I went in happy to accept about £7k!!!  So £8700 for a car which wasnt in very good condition was a result for me.

She was replaced with a year old Focus ST2 with 4k on the clock.

Lovely car to drive.  Superb handling out of the box.  Im thinking mild on the modifying front.  The Mountune 275 package, a rear ARB and some better pads/fluid.  Then im just going to drive it.  Looking back the Fabia spent around 14 months parked up between Sharks, Jabbasports and APRs Workshops!!!  I certainluy dont plan on that happening again!!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 04:06:34 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
Re: Sy's vRS APR/LOBA Hybrid - Now replaced with a proper car!
« Reply #604 on: September 21, 2013, 04:23:07 pm »
Looks a nice one, not seen any red ones before!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #605 on: September 21, 2013, 04:27:54 pm »
Thought you said you'd replaced the VRS with a proper car! :P

Only kidding Sy :love:

Just enjoy it and pop on here when you fancy a change from the ST forums. You do realise that they are bringing out a diesel version of that Focus. Apparently it travels quickly, and you can't tell the missis when you've got one.

It's called an STD! :booty:
Golf R gone.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #606 on: September 21, 2013, 04:31:34 pm »

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 71
« Reply #607 on: September 21, 2013, 09:35:26 pm »
Good choice on the car there Sy. I was thinking of Mountune but I just opted for a Bluefin. My next mod is to fit the high flow air box from the ST as Mountune do and fit some Eibachs. Maybe a BCS exhaust but thats about it.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #608 on: September 21, 2013, 09:52:42 pm »
Im only thinking Mountune for Warranty purposes, plus it means ill stay at a reasonable tune on the car and not go hunting power again lol

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
« Reply #609 on: September 21, 2013, 10:05:15 pm »
I thought that too but it uninstalls in less than 2 mins so I keep the bluefin handset in the car. Mountune do all sorts of nice goodies like uprated intercoolers, intakes, uprated engine mounts etc :wink:
Even my 1.6t is bloody fast once above 4k so yours should be really good once remapped. The Bluefins map to about 280bhp. I did fit a k&n filter in the air box but I have reinstalled the oe paper again.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #610 on: September 21, 2013, 10:31:23 pm »
I thought that too but it uninstalls in less than 2 mins so I keep the bluefin handset in the car. Mountune do all sorts of nice goodies like uprated intercoolers, intakes, uprated engine mounts etc :wink:
Even my 1.6t is bloody fast once above 4k so yours should be really good once remapped. The Bluefins map to about 280bhp. I did fit a k&n filter in the air box but I have reinstalled the oe paper again.

the Mountne 275ps package includes an intake and intercooler on the Focus.  Apparently the turbo/manifold are pretty restrictive so EGTs and IATs are an issue even at stage 1

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
« Reply #611 on: September 22, 2013, 09:20:19 pm »
Yes as Ford saw fit to integrate the exhaust manifold into part of the cylinder head. Although im sure the addition of a free flow BCS exhaust and sports cat would help reduce the egts. I might swap out the cat for a sports cat and leave the rest of the exhaust std.
I have seen the new intake pipe mountune do and it is supposed to be free flowing along with the 47s k&n filter with the open end. I will uprate the rear engine mount to remove engine movement and fit the shirt shift mountune gearbox linkage. I would love to get the ST but I am going to wait and see if they release the RS in 2015. If not I will get the ST then. But I have been given the go ahead to get a mk1 RS to have as a track day toy. Just need to save the pennies now to buy one and mod it.

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #612 on: September 26, 2013, 08:45:16 pm »
I have the rear motor mount installed now buddy and it does make a difference, not massive but you can tell its there.

Some good figures coming out of the 2.0 ecoboost, Daz over on the FocusSTOC has the TBE, Bluefin and CAI and that is pushing short of 300hp and a massive 435ft lb :scared: There is a couple of cars over there on decent power with bolt ons. There biggest problem with the ST is its brakes.  And yes the ST's mani is integrated into the head but if you was to go further with a more free flowing mani and big turbo you could fit the Mondeo 2.0 ecoboost head, with has a separate manifold.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #613 on: September 27, 2013, 02:32:38 pm »

And it begins  :grin:

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI