Make a donation

Author Topic: Norh London Riots. Now spreading to Birmingham apparently.  (Read 23744 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Norh London Riots. Now spreading to Birmingham apparently.
« Reply #165 on: August 10, 2011, 11:01:08 pm »
I heard a recording of a girl saying that the rioting was fun and she hoped there was more. I wonder if she'd think the same if someone came round and torched HER house!

I see on the lunchtime BBC News that permission has today been given for both water canon and rubber bullets but that the senior Police guys want to run things "the British way" and not use them unless their officers are under threat of their lives. How pointless is that!! The rioters are miles ahead of the authorities in terms of how their behaviour doesn't conform to the 'rules of engagement'. "Oh, we don't know how to deal with fast moving crowds" < Duh!!

How would you propose re training 16000 PSU officers to work differently to how they were trained?

....It seems to me that the training hasn't foreseen what are surely foreseeable circumstances but I greatly sympathise and am very pro Police.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!