Make a donation

Author Topic: Stoke's BF experience  (Read 15673 times)

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: Stoke's BF experience
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2009, 04:51:52 pm »
Phoned up SC's today and again spoke to Michael - he's made me another custom map - and now WAW ! What a difference, acceleration is much much much better in the lower gears but this time not at a cost of top end performance - FANTASTIC !!! GOT THERE IN THE END. Traction control light now blinking away like a good 'un ! Noise is much much much different now too - don't know what they've done but it is a great deal better - gutted now not going to the pod on Sunday to give it another go !!

Regards to all,

Gareth

Nice to hear, glad you happy. :wink:

It would be nice to see a rolling road printout of your car to see what they have done.

Offline Shaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2009, 05:22:19 pm »
That's great news, Gareth. As a fellow Ed30 evangelist I've really been feeling for you over the problems you've been experiencing with SC.

As ever, though, it does sound like you're yet another customer who can vouch for their exemplary customer service. I hope I never have to take advantage of it (now that my Bluefin map seems to have settled down I'm really happy with it) but it's good to know you can rely on them when necessary.

Hope your clutch holds up now!

Cheers,

Shaun
Keep The Faith
GTI Edition 30 No. 0687 - Candy White - 5 Door - Lux Pack 1 - Park Sensors - ITG Filter - Bluefin - ECD Insert - Cruise Control
Previously: Mk1 Golf - Mk1 Jetta - Mk1 Polo Coupe - Mk2 Jetta - Mk3 Golf - Mk4 Passat - Mk1 Polo - Bora - Audi A4 / A6 / A8 - Mk3 Polo - Mk4 Golf

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 06:47:30 pm »
Phoned up SC's today and again spoke to Michael - he's made me another custom map - and now WAW ! What a difference, acceleration is much much much better in the lower gears but this time not at a cost of top end performance - FANTASTIC !!! GOT THERE IN THE END. Traction control light now blinking away like a good 'un ! Noise is much much much different now too - don't know what they've done but it is a great deal better - gutted now not going to the pod on Sunday to give it another go !!

Regards to all,

Gareth

hmm, wonder if they can send me a copy  :grin:

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2009, 07:09:03 pm »
Slipping in 4th now lol !! I'm just gonna wait until it's really slipping like a slippy thing in slippysville ( lol!) and get it replaced under warranty !

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2009, 07:13:22 pm »

Regards to all,

Gareth

It would be nice to see a rolling road printout of your car to see what they have done.

I agree - will be attending at SC's HQ in April.

Regards to all,

Gareth

Blue, if you like I can give you my Bluefin serial / handset number and you can ask for the same map if you like,

The entire noise of the car has changed, the turbo spool and noise is MUCH more audible plus all the ound of dumpin, sucking (oh err.. !) and other associated noises - sounds as if it'll suck pedastrians off the street and into the K04 now lol !!!

:laugh: :happy2: :laugh: :happy2:

Regards

:happy2:

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2009, 08:02:07 pm »
Do you have to pay for these new maps? I bought bluefin about a week ago and just installed the first map that was sent to me assuming that was the best??
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 08:19:51 pm »
Do you have to pay for these new maps? I bought bluefin about a week ago and just installed the first map that was sent to me assuming that was the best??

they do this free usually  :happy2:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 08:20:40 pm »

Regards to all,

Gareth

I agree - will be attending at SC's HQ in April.

Regards to all,

Gareth

Blue, if you like I can give you my Bluefin serial / handset number and you can ask for the same map if you like,

The entire noise of the car has changed, the turbo spool and noise is MUCH more audible plus all the ound of dumpin, sucking (oh err.. !) and other associated noises - sounds as if it'll suck pedastrians off the street and into the K04 now lol !!!

:laugh: :happy2: :laugh: :happy2:

Regards

:happy2:

yeh, pm it me and i may give it a go, did they mention what power this is ?

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 08:28:34 pm »
No they didn't but I did say that I'd had their so called "270bhp" original map and that it lacked the torque of the full fat map.  Michael assured me he could easily "sort this" for me on a custom map.

My handset is in the boot - just gonna pop home will get it and post it here for anyone else who's interested gimme 5 mins ...

STAND BY !

:signLOL:

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 08:40:58 pm »
Bluefin Serial :- 03726

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2009, 08:47:42 pm »
Nice one, might pop them an email, do you have Michaels email also ?

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2009, 09:27:39 pm »
No sorry not for Michael, just ask for Michael in Technical Support,

Regards,

Gareth