Make a donation

Author Topic: competitve track day time trials with MSV  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
competitve track day time trials with MSV
« on: August 18, 2011, 09:46:59 am »
Club MSV are now doing 'how fast' events in which you compete for the fastest lap at bedford autodrome.

You get an hour tto learn the track, then 2 hot laps (with warm up and cool down laps) in which to set a time. Only £99 as well. Seems tres coolio imo.

http://www.howfast.co.uk/events.aspx
If you want to test your driving skills and car's ability against the rest of the drivers in the UK, How Fast is the place to do it! This is your chance to end the pub banter about who has the fastest car or who is the best driver. Come along with some friends and prove it in a safe and controlled environment that really allows you to explore your cars' full performance.

Your event begins with a practice session where you will be able to hone your skills and have advice from our qualified race instructors. After you have had time to practice, it's then down to you to cover the challenging 1.8 mile circuit as fast as possible and set a time that will be displayed on the league table of the How Fast website for all to see.

The event will take place on Bedford Autodromes West Circuit. With it's huge run off area's and a maximum of three cars on circuit during the timed sessions, maximum safety is ensured for all involved.

You can find a list of all of the lastest How Fast dates on the EVENTS page of the website or register your interest in further How Fast events by CLICKING HERE
/

Leader board here @  www.howfast.co.uk/Leader-Board.aspx

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
Re: competitve track day time trials with MSV
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 01:17:33 pm »
That is pretty cool, only problem is the times already set are Evos times, never timed any track days I have done apart from ring but those times seem pretty quick! Don't like Bedford though, bit of a boring track to drive in a hot hatch. Still love the idea  :happy2:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 05:17:02 pm »
I got an email from msv when this was launched a few months back and didn't get it then and still don't tbh...

To me at least it seems nothing more than yet another money making scheme from msv aimed at the 'check out how fast i is innit' brigade  :laugh:

Problem for me is the fact it's marketed as having a competitive edge yet the times produced will be irrelevant unless everybody is timed in the same type or actual car? For instance if someone took a standard ED30 and someone else a modded one however slight or wild the mods and was quicker does that mean the car is better or the driver? the opposite scenario where the standard car is quicker also leads to the question of is it the mods ruining the car or is the driver better? The usual racing driver excuse book would be torn up in minutes  :grin:
Preventing the above is why any class of racing has regulations to keep the competition on a largely equal basis allowing the competitive edge to come down to driver skill / car setup / strategy etc

Also on a pro-rata basis you are only getting 2 1/4 hours of track time for £100 yet can get a full day with circuitdays etc for around £120!  :surprised:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 06:32:39 pm »
Pissing contest with no rules. Not for me.
Sideways yo!