Make a donation

Author Topic: slick tyres on track days  (Read 11526 times)

Offline Jimbo_h

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: slick tyres on track days
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2012, 09:28:36 pm »
what tyres are they?

they're pirelli RS7s 225/650/r18s (medium compund), and yes they're tarmac rally tyres. I've not used them in the wet....yet haha but tbh I don't think I ever will. I think next time I'll go for a hard compound as I reckon the RS7s will only last another 3 full days on track.

They run 240/650/18's  :happy2:

thanks for clarfying steve, thats useful to know

any of you guys know if once the RS7s are pretty much used up for dry track use if you could get them cut for use in the wet? or u reckon they rubber will be too thin by that point?

and yes I agree with regard to 1/4 mile days (not that I do any). These tyres take about 1-2 laps at bedford autodrome to warm up

CW MkV GTI | DSG | Driver Motorsport tune | HPFP | SPM downpipe | Sach performance coilovers | Volant CAI | 18" Oz Ultraleggeras | SPM ARBs

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: slick tyres on track days
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012, 09:32:47 pm »

any of you guys know if once the RS7s are pretty much used up for dry track use if you could get them cut for use in the wet? or u reckon they rubber will be too thin by that point?

I would say too thin and the wrong compound for being cut for wet use, the full wets I have for mine as way softer than the C51 compound Hankook slicks  :happy2: