Make a donation

Author Topic: Uprated Sachs Performance Clutch Starting To Slip!! Help/Advice???  (Read 5796 times)

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Audi S3
    • Email
As above at 6k miles I replaced the standard clutch with an uprated sachs performance one & it has lasted all of 15000 miles!! I do no standing starts, no excessive loading & the clutch is now starting to slip in 3rd & 4th at about 3k revs for about a quarter eg 3k to 3.2k revs.

To say I am p*ssed off is abit of an understatement as I am aware no one else has had this problem????

It will be going back to Stattlers this week to strip down & send off to sachs uk as they said it has a 24 month unlimited milage warrenty (means I will have no car at all to get to & from work) but they did warn me if there was no signs of anything on the clutch that Sachs would not give me a new one!!! Great another 1k+

So anyone else had this problem with the updated item & the DMF?

I am on Revo stage 2+ power with all the right mods & has been fine until the last three days

For Sale - Airlift Performance Struts & Accuair Elevel/Ilevel Management - 18" BBS E28 Magnesium Split Wheels, Carbon Fibre Front Splitter
Old Car 2009 Audi S3 365bhp Gone - New Car 2013 C63 Amg Now With 525bhp

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: Uprated Sachs Performance Clutch Starting To Slip!! Help/Advice???
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 08:22:50 pm »

My sachs & replacement OEM DMF has been on at St2+ (APR) for quite a bit of time now, around 20 - 30k and hasn't yet started slipping. (Blatantly just jinxed myself  :sad1:)

Offline damoegan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 08:36:35 pm »
Do you know the part number of your actual clutch as they do different stages for different power levels.

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 450
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 09:01:25 pm »
Did you bed in the clutch properly?
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 09:13:19 pm »
Do you know the part number of your actual clutch as they do different stages for different power levels.

I will look at the box, but its deffo the right one as Stattlers fit them to alot of them

Did you bed in the clutch properly?

Yep drove it steady for the first few hundread miles & kept the rev range low

For Sale - Airlift Performance Struts & Accuair Elevel/Ilevel Management - 18" BBS E28 Magnesium Split Wheels, Carbon Fibre Front Splitter

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 09:15:27 pm »
seems odd, any recent changes? why now?
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Thread resurrection!
Well today I felt my uprated Sach clutch start to slip a little :( it happened in 5th and 6th a few times as the turbo came on full boost. I'm hoping it was because of the damp weather and I haven't been able to recreate the slip since. How did you get on with your Sachs replacement Phil?
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

B8.5 Audi S4 with uprated pulley and unicorn Stage 2

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
Had to pay for a new one, bought the same again but wish I didnt. I should have gone for a southbend or something similar

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Were there any signs on the clutch/flywheel that pointed out the problem.

Buying a new one is a bit of a bummer, what was their reason for refusing a warranty claim?

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
Mate, i had the same problem on mine at stage 2+ on a k03. Maybe a bad batch?? P.s i have done around 7k on mine

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 08:12:23 pm »

Buying a new one is a bit of a bummer, what was their reason for refusing a warranty claim?

DMF was fine, when they opened the gearbox up parts of the clutch fell down like dust, Cant remember the UK supplier of sachs incase you know? but they said it wouldnt be covered as there is not really any warrenty on a clutch. Was less that 12 months old off top of my head. New one has been in since & had new dmf & slave cylinder but pedal feel is like stock which I dont like as the first one was abit stiff & you could feel it better. I wont get a sachs again & shouldnt have done the second time round plus with the fact the S3 will get a bigger turbo I will need to buy a new clutch again which will be southbend or clutchmasters

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 08:18:11 pm »
Uk supplier for sachs uprated clutches: http://racepads.co.uk/zfsachs_performanceClutch.htm

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 08:18:26 pm »

DMF was fine, when they opened the gearbox up parts of the clutch fell down like dust, Cant remember the UK supplier of sachs incase you know? but they said it wouldnt be covered as there is not really any warrenty on a clutch. Was less that 12 months old off top of my head. New one has been in since & had new dmf & slave cylinder but pedal feel is like stock which I dont like as the first one was abit stiff & you could feel it better. I wont get a sachs again & shouldnt have done the second time round plus with the fact the S3 will get a bigger turbo I will need to buy a new clutch again which will be southbend or clutchmasters
Soutbend for me next time round.  :happy2:

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 08:18:42 pm »
Urghh maybe it was just a cold clutch  :sad1:
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

B8.5 Audi S4 with uprated pulley and unicorn Stage 2

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 08:19:36 pm »
Uk supplier for sachs uprated clutches: http://racepads.co.uk/zfsachs_performanceClutch.htm

Ye thats them, Unhelpful too & didnt care on phone