Make a donation

Author Topic: Why do I keep looking at these...  (Read 1266 times)

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Why do I keep looking at these...
« on: April 01, 2009, 08:27:50 pm »
After it took me 10 minutes to remove the rear seats, and saved nearly 50kg with them and the spare wheel/toolkit...

Why is it I can't help loving not having them?? The car's as mad as a pensioner's terrier as it is now that the 3" downpipe and stage2 is on, so with more weight shifted, it's even more bonkers!!

I'm thinking with a bit of planning, I can swap and change my interiors to suit my mood quite easily and shave weight for stuff like 'ring trips/track days/hooning.

Would I be mad buying a set of proper Recaro CS's.. i.e. they're lighter than the VW ones. Or, even more nuts, some Pole Positions (not the ace 80's cartoon, sing it with me ..."pole pos-ish-eye-on....")

Sideways yo!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Why do I keep looking at these...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 08:33:31 pm »
They would get proper use on the track, which you do regular, so why the fook not.  :happy2:

Offline monk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Why do I keep looking at these...
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 08:45:37 pm »
"I'm thinking with a bit of planning, I can swap and change my interiors to suit my mood quite easily and shave weight for stuff like 'ring trips/track days/hooning."

Now your talking,, This year will be my third time.. first in a 3.2 TT dsg,second in my BM oil burner..
....German car fan...