Make a donation

Author Topic: Jedi-Knight's Tornado Red 'fully loaded' OEM+ GTI - FOR SALE  (Read 81566 times)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Re: Jedi-Knight's Red 'fully loaded' GTI
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2012, 02:02:45 pm »
thank you...

its lowered now on H&R springs and fitted H&R rear 24mm ARB and the whiteline anti-lift kit.

pics taken from their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/autops.co.uk

Thanks to Ed and staff. Why more people didnt jump on the group buy I'm not sure as it was a cracking deal  :happy2:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:49:58 pm by jedi-knight83 »
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Mark_eire

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 1
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2012, 03:38:56 pm »
Car is looking stunning mate, I want it back!!
I can't find those pictures from when I bought it, don't know where they are, if they crop up I'll post them!!
2010 Audi A6 Avant S-Line
2007 VW Golf GTI

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2012, 03:41:22 pm »
The mod's you've fitted are exactly what I'd love to do to my car.  Im just worried about the ride quality as its a daily driver.  Has it been affected massively by the improvements you've made.   I don't want to alter the character of the car just improve road holding of the car and reduce the "lean" as you attack a corner

Why didn't you fit a front ARB if I may ask?  I really like the look of your car it looks very nice.
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2012, 04:52:49 pm »
Car is looking stunning mate, I want it back!!
I can't find those pictures from when I bought it, don't know where they are, if they crop up I'll post them!!

in my eyes its far from stunning yet. Paintwork is the next thing now and needs a fair bit to get to my standard.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2012, 04:57:24 pm »
The mod's you've fitted are exactly what I'd love to do to my car.  Im just worried about the ride quality as its a daily driver.  Has it been affected massively by the improvements you've made.   I don't want to alter the character of the car just improve road holding of the car and reduce the "lean" as you attack a corner

Why didn't you fit a front ARB if I may ask?  I really like the look of your car it looks very nice.

Dont know if your near cambs but your welcome to test it.

Its very slightly stiffer over bumps that standard. but today driving it to be honest it feels like ive already got used to it and didnt notice the extra stiffness.

I think the biggest difference is actually the WALK and the added traction and sure footedness. Its amazing. Car feels far more stable on hard acceleration both straight and around bends.

I didnt do the front ARB because i still wanted a little bit of front roll. From what I read and got from others... front ARB was really only of benefit for track days etc. The WALK up front has improved traction and front end hold round a bend.. no more feeling likes its about to let go and shoot you wide now.

The rear ARB is quite a subtle improvement but an improvement non the less and there is definitely less roll.

Very happy with the upgrade and apart from probably changing a few more of the OEM bushes in the future and MAYBE swapping to the Bilstein B8 dampers... I probably wont play with the suspension anymore now.

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2012, 06:09:02 pm »
 :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:  :party: :party: :party: :party:

I'm in cambridge tomorrow...to pick up my cousin for the end of term from college.  Where about's do you stay in cambridge? I won't take up much of your time.  It would be very much appreciated.  Apologies in advance for the state of my car.  You car looks spotless!  I'll send you a PM.  Thanks for the offer its very kind of you. 

Drinks on me!  :drinking:

3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline tommygti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2012, 12:19:57 am »
Wish id bought a red gti now!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2012, 05:39:17 pm »
So coming up for 10 months ownership and still loving the car. Done about 9000 miles in this time.

Mods list by previous owner (very lucky to have all these bits on already :) )

Ed30 full colour coded body kit with black front splitter and rear diffuser detailing
Ed30 BBS Pescara 18"alloys
Ed30 red stitched handbrake handle
Ed30 gear selector with red stitched gator and 'golf ball' knob

Mods list so far by me:

Milltek cat back non res exhaust £300
Motech Stage 1 remap which was then changed to an R-Tech Stage 1 remap £290 (read here http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,36417.msg572115.html#msg572115)
RCD510DAB headunit £230
new CANBUS £75
AUX 3.5mm input £25
Infinity Basslink Sub £had this for ages
Apline PDX2.150 amp powering the front speakers £150
H&R lowering Springs £300 fitted
H&R rear 24mm Solid ARB £200 fitted
Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit £120
MK6 GTI DSG Multifunction red stitched steering wheel £300
'CH' steering controller £115
OSIR GT metal DSG shifters £45
ITG maxogen and new cold air enclosure £350
Genuine BBS CH 19x8j on budget tyres and in need of a refurb £500

Ouch thats £3035 on upgrades  :surprised: :surprised:

The set of BBS CH026 alloys are in the shed at the moment in need of a refurb and tyres. Not sure if I'll end up fitting these or selling them and keeping the Pescaras. Quite like it on the 18s actually.

Only things left that I really want / need is an intake of some kind. Preferably an ITG but i'll settle for a twintake. Would like some ED30 rear lights. And then the paintwork needs doing. Front end respray with rusty arches fixed, boot rust sorted and a few other bits tidied up. And if i see an Ed30 interior I'd like to swap the full leather for the half leather one day too but its last on the list of things to do TBH.

A couple of pics or the latest mods though...

Visit to R-Tech and Power graph showing before (motech map) and after (r-tech map) 234bhp@5599rpm and 281lbft@3131rpm

Before and after suspension ride height. My crude measurements make its 30mm drop

WALK in place

Rear 24mm Solid ARB on its hardest setting

The the MK6 wheel before the OSIR paddles

And with the OSIR paddles

And fitted

Annoyingly the Mk5 dsg paddge and the Mk6 dsg paddle are a different part as they plug into a different location so I had to strip the mk5 one down to get my OSIR paddles off it and fit to the mk6 bits rather than just swap the whole module over as I was hoping to do.

ITG (just bought this... these are the sellers photos)
I get both set up's so will decide which I prefer.

Thats all the little updates for now though.. a couple of shots freshly washed..

With thanks to APS and R-Tech
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:08:39 pm by jedi-knight83 »

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
Re: Jedi-Knight's Tornado Red 'fully loaded' OEM+ GTI
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2012, 01:56:42 pm »
Currently up at the garage having a cv gator changed but also having the downpipe taken off to remove the pre cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2012, 02:58:22 pm »
What a mission getting the downpipe off. How people do this on their drive I've no idea.

Pre cat now knocked out

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2012, 03:42:14 pm »

So coming up for 10 months ownership and still loving the car. Done about 9000 miles in this time.

....And I'm betting that if you still have the car in another 10 months time, you'll still be loving it.  :drinking:

The Mk5 GTI/Ed30 is simply a great allrounder and one of those rare cars which the manufacturer got right, and that's before any modding!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline arthur

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2012, 07:08:04 pm »
looks great!  I'm getting H&R springs fitted next week, I hope it looks as good as yours!!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2012, 10:09:47 pm »
gulp  :surprised:

just worked out what the mods have cost to date...

need to stop spending on the car  :ashamed:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2012, 11:28:21 pm »

gulp  :surprised:

just worked out what the mods have cost to date...

need to stop spending on the car  :ashamed:

....Good luck with that! You're gonna need it!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2012, 09:05:34 pm »
Test fitted my BBS CH026 tonight. 19x8j et50 with 235/35/19.

before

after

I like them but will pretty much definitely get them painted in the same colour as the ed30 wheels. Id also go for 225/35/19 goodyear f1s

Opinions? Not sure whether to keep them or just refurb them and sell them on and go back to the 18s

« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 08:30:34 pm by jedi-knight83 »