Make a donation

Author Topic: led footwell bulbs?  (Read 1814 times)

Offline ukshaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 6
  • If in doubt.. flat out
led footwell bulbs?
« on: September 24, 2011, 08:01:29 pm »
just wanting to put some led footwell bulbs in my golf, i got one in and its working fine went to put the other side in and it doesnt work even if you turn the bulb around. im pritty sure its a canbus fault as its not drawing enough current.

is there a way around this? or do i need to get resistors or canbus bulbs
My progress thread www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,66117.0.html
Mods done: revo map, new south boost gauge, rcd510 dab, gti grill, gti colour coded valance, tinted lights, leds, gti spoiler

Offline 81lly

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
Re: led footwell bulbs?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 08:45:21 pm »
just wanting to put some led footwell bulbs in my golf, i got one in and its working fine went to put the other side in and it doesnt work even if you turn the bulb around. im pritty sure its a canbus fault as its not drawing enough current.

I'm sure you need canbus bulbs for the footwell lights, I bought the canbus bulbs and they work fine.

Offline OLLIE_JETTA_MK5

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 09:40:33 am »

I'm sure you need canbus bulbs for the footwell lights, I bought the canbus bulbs and they work fine.

you definatly need canbus mate the mk5s are on one big loop , only takes one bulb to throw up loads of problems :( canbus it is ( you normally find canbus are alot better quality anyway dude )

Golf mk5 1.4 Fsi , Bettle 2.0 8v , Audi a3 2.0tdi , Lupo Gti , Jetta mk5 2.0 tdi , Golf mk6 1.4tsi , Jetta mk6 2.0tdi dsg . Golf estate sport wagon and now ! and orange GTI
Dubbin it since 2006

Offline ukshaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 6
  • If in doubt.. flat out
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 05:34:52 pm »
ok cheers lads
My progress thread www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,66117.0.html
Mods done: revo map, new south boost gauge, rcd510 dab, gti grill, gti colour coded valance, tinted lights, leds, gti spoiler