Make a donation

Author Topic: Audi A5 Convertible - So much red!  (Read 1441 times)

Offline 08micsta

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
Audi A5 Convertible - So much red!
« on: October 03, 2011, 06:55:46 pm »
Hey Everyone

Today I got to spend some time with this lovely little car.

A Blood Red (or at least once I was done with it) Audi A5 Convertible 2.0T.

The car belongs to a dealer in Observatory, and although immaculate was in need of some correction with the instruction being to "bring her back to life".

I didnt take any before photo's, however here are a few of the damages on the paintwork:

Loads of heavy swirling, sever contamination (paint felt like rough sandpaper) and a lack of redness were what I had to begin with.

The paint was given a good seeing to with Megs Paint Cleaner which left a smooth and soft finish. The paintwork then received two hits with Chemical Guys Pro Cut 2 polish removing about 90% of the swirls but leaving me with a very hazy finish.

This was solved with a few passes of Megs Compound X and waxed with Chemical Guys Pure XXX White Paste and topped off with some Wet Butter Wax to give the red some flavour.

Finally, interior was cleaned with Smart Leather, removing a lot of staining and dirt from the driver seat with Smart Dressing used on plastics, tyres, engine bay and interior.

Rim Wax was applied to the mags with Autoglym Fast Glass used on the glass for clarity and shine.

The only enhancing in these photos are contrast auto correct in photoshop and some sharpening. The Red was truly alive and loving it!

:drinking:

For anyone interested in the car (dons flameproof suit) here is some more info on the spec and asking price:

2009 Red 19 990 km, Petrol, Cabriolet, 2 Doors, Steptronic, Brandon - 0827886991, Balance Factory Warranty, Balance Maintanance Plan, Automatic, Electric roof, Leather interior, Xenon lights.

R429 900

Millstock Cars

All comments welcome!

Mike
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.