Make a donation

Author Topic: Worried Newbie '57 Edition 30 owner: creaky N/s rear suspension & DSG 'clunk'.  (Read 3540 times)

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 13
  • 56 plate 5 door in Black Pearl Metallic
Hmm. Tyres. Hadn't really thought too much about them until you mentioned the subject!

My Edition 30 is running a nearly nearly new set of Uniroyals up front, 225/40 x 18's and Continentals at the rear.  Maybe this is having some effect on harshness of the ride?  I know its not ideal having a mixed tyre set - I haven't got the foggiest idea if these tyres are any good or not or whether they are a good or bad combo.
Hopefully i'll get the car into a VW workshop next week and have the groans and clicks from the suspension diagnosed. I'm fully expecting there to be nothing wrong - newer, tighter car v 9 years with sloppy old Audi has made me hyper sensitive to any little creak or vibration as you suggested GarrardRJ.

To E30DOM: I don't live in Wiltshire, just have my oldest friend living near Pewsey and his folks live just outside Amesbury in Great Durnford. Some fun driving roads round there Dom. 
Has anyone updated their RNS 510 to show full postcodes?  I think the firmware has to be upgraded before the new software can work.  Is this correct?

Saint Steve

Won't be long before your complaining about tyre roar as those Dunlop sport max are the worse for this and deform quickly. Making it sound like worn out wheel bearings :wink: