Make a donation

Author Topic: Going Stage 2  (Read 3246 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Going Stage 2
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 10:31:21 pm »
Revo are most expensive, but make very good figures.  Good adjust ability as well, but im not a fanof their tuning ethos

Id be looking at APR, Shark Performance or P Torque myself.  R Tec and Jabba Sport appear worthy of a mention as well

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 10:35:47 pm »
Revo are most expensive, but make very good figures.  Good adjust ability as well, but im not a fanof their tuning ethos

Id be looking at APR, Shark Performance or P Torque myself.  R Tec and Jabba Sport appear worthy of a mention as well

whats wrong with their tuning ethos Sy?

Also, are Celtic tuning any good?
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 10:45:26 pm »
I think they make the maps to aggressive low down for that 'wow' factor effect of pinning you to your seat and also always wander if they push things to far to ensure they are the top performers.  id rather a smoother more progressive delivery which is alot better on the clutch and more tractable especially in the wet.

Also their default answer to a fault is either ' its not the software ' or 'boost leak

That and the fact im rebelling against the big names who over charge compared to equal/comparable  products.  Don't do revo, miltek or forge( apart from my intake, but that's second hand) :rolleye:

Don't recall reading of any guys on here with celtic tuning

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 10:50:05 pm »
I think they make the maps to aggressive low down for that 'wow' factor effect of pinning you to your seat and also always wander if they push things to far to ensure they are the top performers.  id rather a smoother more progressive delivery which is alot better on the clutch and more tractable especially in the wet.

Also their default answer to a fault is either ' its not the software ' or 'boost leak

That and the fact im rebelling against the big names who over charge compared to equal/comparable  products.  Don't do revo, miltek or forge( apart from my intake, but that's second hand) :rolleye:

Don't recall reading of any guys on here with celtic tuning

i too have heard bad things about miltek (and some forge products) but as i have no experience personally of those products it is pure hearsay but i would not put a miltek on my car
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 10:51:38 pm »
Joesgti had a celtic tuning map on his old gti.
Without traction power is nothing!