Make a donation

Author Topic: Why only rear  (Read 983 times)

Offline JackG

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
Why only rear
« on: October 22, 2011, 10:04:12 am »
Guys why do pepole only fit the rear anti roll bars? The front looks a pain to fit but surly they will handle better with front and rear? I was pondering with WALK and front+rear ARB (eibach) but not sure now  :scared:
Jack

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: Why only rear
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 03:26:11 pm »
stiffer front ARB alone will increase understeer and make the car corner flatter. stiffer rear ARB will decrease understeer and make the car corner flatter. both together you won't change the handling characteristics, but it will corner flatter hence giving you an advantage.

HOWEVER the Golf's main problem is with understeer, so a rear ARB on it's own is a better value-for-money mod as it will improve the handling better than fitting a front ARB on it's own, and as you said it doesn't require you to drop the front subframe to fit/take off come sale time.

i'm only going to get a rear ARB and WALK. haven't decided what ARB yet.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+