Make a donation

Author Topic: Ziza sidelight bulbs for Mk5  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Stepho

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Ziza sidelight bulbs for Mk5
« on: April 07, 2009, 11:53:16 am »
Hello there, I am new to this site and must appologise, as my first entry is a 'help with' question  :ashamed:

I recently purchased some Ziza sidelight bulbs from Awesome, however I have since found they don't work on UK spec vehicles. I first noticed them on ECS tuning in the states and also noted they had resistors attached.

Does anyone have these fitted, if so what would I have to do to get these to work?

I would rather get them to work rather than returning them as the yellow glow from the sidlights against the Xenon headlights looks awful. IMHO

Thanks in advance  :happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Ziza sidelight bulbs for Mk5
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 02:27:47 pm »
Welcome to the forum Stepho  :happy2:

Why not just return them and buy some that are Euro spec, did it not say in Awsome's advert that they are US spec.  :chicken:

Offline Stepho

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 03:35:19 pm »
Hi Top Cat,

They may have changed there advert now but at the time I bought these there was no indication to what spec they were. I E-mailed Awesome before purchasing to make sure they fitted my car, as I had already looked into purchasing the ECS tuning ones. (shipping costs were to high). They E-mailed me back confirming they would only fit Xenon headlights, which was not an issue.

By the time I sent them back I would be lucky to recover half the cost I paid for them. I would much rather figure out a way of using them.

Offline MickMc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 03:41:53 pm »
Did you try the led in both ways ? remember it will only work the one way (+ and + / - and -)

Offline Stepho

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 03:52:55 pm »
Yep, I also tried this.  :happy2:

I also noticed when you remove the origional bulbs, and putthem back in they don't work, until you click the switch back to off and then back on.

After contacting Awesome today they have asked for them to be returned as they are US spec. What is the differance from US spec to EURO spec?

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 04:11:04 pm »
in terms of fitting an LED, i cant see how US or Euro Spec would make a difference!  :confused:

Offline RunRabbit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 05:09:07 pm »
in terms of fitting an LED, i cant see how US or Euro Spec would make a difference!  :confused:

Ditto

Both would just be an LED wires in series with a resistor to fool the car into thinking it's got a bulb (LED's draw very little current)

Offline Stepho

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 05:37:37 pm »
  I again tried these bulbs and noticed they actually come on for about 10 seconds before the go off again. I think they are registering a fault code due to drawing liitle current. I also contacted ECS tuning in the US and they confirmed they fitted resistors to them however they would not identify what they actually use.

Can anyone help!! :confused:

If all else fails I will have no option but to send them back, be lucky to recover half the cost though. :embarrassed:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 05:43:30 pm »
i think what is happening is the car thinks the bulb is out. The resistors must not be right. The reason they work for a while is the car takes a while to check if any bulbs are out. Then when it realises it cuts the power for obvious safety reasons. Once this happens, you will need to erase the bulb out warning in the car with vag com. My guess is the sidelights are faulty