Make a donation

Author Topic: Mudflap help.  (Read 854 times)

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
Mudflap help.
« on: November 12, 2011, 11:07:44 am »
I know this has been covered before as I found abit of info using search but just need some clarification. Bought a full set of mudflaps which were listed for my car, fronts fit perfect but the rears don't. Car is a GT Sport 170 but has a different rear bumper. Think its the R-Line if someone could confirm this as I'm not 100%. Not I've just rang VW and they are gettin some GTI ones in for me to have a look at but not sure they will fit either. Here are some pics so you can see what I mean.

The rears I currently have:

Few pics of the bumper:

Offline G-Lader

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: Mudflap help.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 03:25:43 pm »
Yeah, it's an R-Line rear bumper, unfortunately, VW did not produce rear flaps to suit as I'm in the same position......
I have the same rear bumper and enquired about a set of front and rear flaps when I was in picking up parts from the dealers.
The bumper has the same profile as an R32 and also the Edition 30.

Someone replied to my question regarding if flaps were available, they said they managed to get GTi flaps to fit reasonably well with the help of a hot air gun and gently pressing the plasic of the flap into contact with the profile of the bumper.

I haven't tried it yet but will order them in at the end of the month and give it a try.

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
Re: Mudflap help.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 08:51:29 pm »
That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming this though. Looks like I will just have to run the front. Mate has had the rears so not stuck with them. Cheers for the help.