Make a donation

Author Topic: First RS3 i've seen on the road  (Read 6746 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
Re: First RS3 i've seen on the road
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 11:41:08 am »
Just to play devils advocate which of the VW range has an inspiring back end :confused:

I find women have inspiring back ends not cars.  :wink:

Personally i like the understated looks of the RS3. Order it de-badged and people would think it's an S3 or even an S-Line A3 with some fancy wheels. That for me = Win.

Its all about identity for me. I play a game (i know I'm sad) of guess the audi from looking at the front end in the rearview mirror when they come blasting past on the motorway.... they all look the same its virtually impossible.  :signLOL:

Walked past an audi saloon the other day... could have been either a A5 sportback or a A7. One trick pony design team.

Im not saying that VW are at the cutting edge of design innovation... but at least when you see a polo/golf/passat/eos/rocco... they are easily definable.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 12:01:25 pm »
Just to play devils advocate which of the VW range has an inspiring back end :confused:

Personally i like the understated looks of the RS3. Order it de-badged and people would think it's an S3 or even an S-Line A3 with some fancy wheels. That for me = Win.

Its all about identity for me. I play a game (i know I'm sad) of guess the audi from looking at the front end in the rearview mirror when they come blasting past on the motorway.... they all look the same its virtually impossible.  :signLOL:

Walked past an audi saloon the other day... could have been either a A5 sportback or a A7. One trick pony design team.

Im not saying that VW are at the cutting edge of design innovation... but at least when you see a polo/golf/passat/eos/rocco... they are easily definable.

I see what you mean about VW Cars. It's easy to see the difference between a Golf & Polo GTi  :evilgrin:

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 12:01:59 pm »

If it had been me i would have waited for this to arrive rather than go for the white one the original guy who ordered it did but thats just me.
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 12:09:57 pm »
If it had been me i would have waited for this to arrive rather than go for the white one the original guy who ordered it did but thats just me.

Was only 7 weeks difference in the end  and about 10k though was't it but the blue is far nicer :drool: than the white

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 12:28:28 pm »
Love it or hate it, you know its a great bit of kit, and a remap to 400hp, thats a winner for me! Plus boot space and all that boring stuff!
Ed30

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2011, 12:29:27 pm »
Ahhh touché Carl!!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2011, 12:32:09 pm »

I find women have inspiring back ends not cars.  :wink:

Agreed.  Gloss black grill, lower lip and mirrors for me and as you say could be an S line, with a nasty suprise  :evilgrin:

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2011, 12:34:55 pm »

Was only 7 weeks difference in the end  and about 10k though was't it but the blue is far nicer :drool: than the white
But Andrew changes cars more often than his socks so 10K is nothing to him. I guess if you change cars as much as he does colour does not really matter but seemed such a waste to wait all that time when you know the build date then not just wait that little bit longer for something unique in a special order colour no one else has.
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2011, 01:57:57 pm »

Agreed.  Gloss black grill, lower lip and mirrors for me and as you say could be an S line, with a nasty suprise  :evilgrin:

@ Carl:
That suggests that "inspiring" in your dictionary only means "wanting to f*ck"!

Obviously (looking at my GTI) I just don't get this whole thing about pretending to be something "with a nasty surprise". It also suggests an overly aggressive driving style when in the company of other cars. Either that, or it says "my willy is bigger than yours because my car is faster" to another driver. regardless of looks, there's ALWAYS going to be faster car or better driven than yours (mine included).

But of course, each to their own. Personally I prefer a bit of style in my life. 8)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 02:00:20 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2011, 02:27:59 pm »

Agreed.  Gloss black grill, lower lip and mirrors for me and as you say could be an S line, with a nasty suprise  :evilgrin:

@ Carl:

Obviously (looking at my GTI) I just don't get this whole thing about pretending to be something "with a nasty surprise". It also suggests an overly aggressive driving style when in the company of other cars. Either that, or it says "my willy is bigger than yours because my car is faster" to another driver. regardless of looks, there's ALWAYS going to be faster car or better driven than yours (mine included).

But of course, each to their own. Personally I prefer a bit of style in my life. 8)

Robin you don't half talk some drivel sometimes. For someone who makes out he's worldly wise you make an awful lot of assumptions.

My comment about a woman's rear was a tongue in cheek remark hence the smiley. Also I'm not the one with Quad exhausts! Willy waving indeed  :P

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2011, 02:31:43 pm »
My comment about a woman's rear was a tongue in cheek remark hence the smiley. Also I'm not the one with Quad exhausts! Willy waving indeed  :P

:signLOL:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2011, 02:38:41 pm »
Four up the bum.... No babies!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2011, 04:13:42 pm »

@ Carl:

Doesn't make much sense to me Robin, an element of assumption With linking styling preferences and driving behaviour?

I think it can be nice to have a nice looking and powerful but understated car.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2011, 04:48:17 pm »

Four up the bum.... No babies!

....Even just one up the bum = No babies!  :grin:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2011, 04:54:00 pm »

Doesn't make much sense to me Robin, an element of assumption With linking styling preferences and driving behaviour?

I think it can be nice to have a nice looking and powerful but understated car.

....I used the word "suggests" rather than assume anything as a fact.

I agree, that for many it is very nice to have a nice looking and powerful but understated car.... The understatement thing just doesn't float my particular boat and that really doesn't matter.  :happy2: