Make a donation

Author Topic: Spotted 2 Reds and I got spotted....  (Read 1609 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Spotted 2 Reds and I got spotted....
« on: April 16, 2009, 10:51:24 pm »

This afternoon between 2:00 and 3:00pm while travelling East on A35, I spotted 2 red Ed30's about half-an-hour apart travelling in opposite direction. First was on a roundabout with an attractive raven-haired lady probably in early 40's who hooted and waved back - Makes a change and her response was unexpected. Second was also a lady but short fair haired and very plain looking and she ignored my polite wave and smile. There must be something to learn from that - Beauty is from inside and the plain one is dull inside as well?

I became aware that a big white VW van following me was photographing my car. So I got spotted and photographed by someone. I opened my sunroof and waved a thumbs up. I assume he was an enthusiast. Was around Dorchester bypass on A35.

I seem to see more women driving GTI's than blokes and most of both don't wave. They're usually driven like grannies too. Why did they buy a GTI? The raven haired beauty took the roundabout enthusiastically - A lady with some character! Much more passion. I don't much like dull conservative people of either gender.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
Re: Spotted 2 Reds and I got spotted....
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 08:55:59 pm »
Im always polite and give the old wave back, some damn miserable people about in the UK.

On my way to blackpool once (when I had the Astra Sporthatch) a group of girls drove by and took it a step further and flashed us, full torso out the window and baps flapping in the wind, was quality, had to oblige and flash back  :jumping:
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline vwrascal

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 10:09:38 pm »
I love it when other GTI's give you the thumbs up   :happy2:  A CW R32 waved t'other day too   :drinking:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 10:24:52 pm »
^^^^
And extra nice when it's a female! [when you are an old stag like me without a gf]

:happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline TomB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 11:00:44 pm »
I think most GTIs are still in fleet ownership, and the owner doesn't really care about the scene too much.  In a few years things will be different.

I'm more discreet and give GTI drivers a nod, most smile or wave back.  I found that waving first made people think I was some kind of nutter!

Around my way, Tornado Red VWs are cop magnets so I have to drive it sensibly.  I used to get it in my Polo GT and Corrado G60 and I thought it was because I was in my late teens.  A few years have passed and all was well until I got a red GTI and I've noticed cops following me much more.  I never had a problem in my dark SEATs!
Tom
05 GTI - 18" Merc wheels, coilovers, colour coded Votex kit, all waiting to go on.