Make a donation

Author Topic: MK6 DSG MFSW Steering wheel questions  (Read 3706 times)

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
MK6 DSG MFSW Steering wheel questions
« on: December 21, 2011, 08:47:05 am »
Morning chaps. Following on from my first post in the introduction section, I felt it was time to get going with the mods.

I have been reading up for the past few days, but am still none the wiser with regards retrofitting Mk6 MFSW with DSG paddles into my car. I know this has been done to death on various forums, but please humor me. I have not got definitive answers, hence this post.

It is a 2008 ‘08’ Jetta 2.0 TFSi with the MFD2 nav unit and highline DIS. It has cruise, but no MFSW, just the plain and boring ugly Mk5 wheel.

Apart from a wheel, what else would I need to upgrade / change to get this done? I have read about various modules that might need replacing, but am totally unsure.
Also, where is the best place to get a GTi / Rocco MFSW flat bottom wheel with DSG paddles for a fair price? And, is there anybody in South Surrey that could help me with fitting and coding?

Thanks.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
Re: MK6 DSG MFSW Steering wheel questions
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 07:10:25 pm »
Hi

You will need a new steering controller 1K0 953 549CH

send me a PM as I can get new ones
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 07:29:33 pm »
I did the exact mod on my car a while back, my cars an 08 with dsg.

The CH version module and slip ring was required on mine probably same with yours, the mk6 wheel is great to hold and miles better than the one before and with it being an multifunction means more buttons and levers to play around with.

:santa:
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 09:47:28 pm »
Hi

You will need a new steering controller 1K0 953 549CH

send me a PM as I can get new ones

Would love to mate, but cannot send or read pm's as yet. Will be looking for everything I need. Will this controller also allow the DSG paddles to work or is that something else? Can you also get the slip ring?

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 10:11:59 am »
Ok guys, found a new Mk5 Wheel with multi function and DSG paddles at a really good price but with no airbag. I am assuming that my airbag could be used on the steering wheel as they are indentical except for the controls and paddles. What other parts would I need to install this in my car?

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 10:47:01 am »
Ok guys, found a new Mk5 Wheel with multi function and DSG paddles at a really good price but with no airbag. I am assuming that my airbag could be used on the steering wheel as they are indentical except for the controls and paddles. What other parts would I need to install this in my car?

You can use your airbag, but will need a mfsw airbag loom 1K0 971 584C
You will also need a highend steering controller 1K0 953 549AK or BG or BK
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 11:00:17 am »
Thanks for the info. Can you supply those parts at all?

Looks like it will be loads cheaper to do that rather than the Mk6 wheel.

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 01:38:11 pm »
I have found some of the Steering Controllers, but none of them end in the AK, BG or BK you mentioned. The ones I have found are CB / AH / BF / CP / AP and BC. Would these work? What do the letters at the end signify?