Make a donation

Author Topic: 2l tfsi bluefin  (Read 1951 times)

Offline benjii

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
2l tfsi bluefin
« on: December 29, 2011, 01:14:48 pm »
Hi everyone my friends got a 2l tfsi golf with a bluefin will this go straight on my car or will it need resetting still

Offline Marshall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 17
Re: Re: 2l tfsi bluefin
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 04:42:30 am »
Still needs reset mate. It codes to the first car and would need reset before it will work on another.
I'm sure its about £200 for a reset.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE
MISANO RED RS3

Offline CupraKris

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: 2l tfsi bluefin
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 11:31:02 pm »
That fee also covers you for free resets for 12 months.

Offline Mandy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
Re: 2l tfsi bluefin
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 11:35:16 am »
That fee also covers you for free resets for 12 months.

Yeah it's supposed to, they did try to pull a fast one though recently. I had a handset that I bought new, stopped using it (sold the car), my bf wanted to use it on his GTI so he paid £200 for them to reset it. He's been using it on his car (for about 5 months) but considered changing to Revo so I phoned on his behalf and asked them if they could reset it. He tried to tell me it would be £200 to reset it to which I reminded him that it hasn't been longer than 12 months since last reset. He started asking me some pointless questions such as who paid for the last reset and how, apparently they won't reset for free if the previous owner paid for the reset and not current owner. :stupid: It's a load of rubbish considering a while back they had rules where only the original owner of the handset could have them reset.
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI