Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf GTi to Scirocco (Good Move???)  (Read 8416 times)

Offline am1w

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Golf GTi to Scirocco (Good Move???)
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 03:12:45 pm »
Not that it should make a difference, but the 'rocco and the Polo are assembled in Portugal.
The Golf is made in Wolfsburg, Germany.
Wolfgang: Tornado Red Mk6 GTI Manually Active 5 Door

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 03:23:10 pm »
My father has a Scirocco 2.0TFSi DSG and loves it  :driver:, my father is 62 and still a boy racer  :ashamed:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 12:15:06 am »
My father in law has a leon FR BTCC 2.0t which is being replaced with a Rocco GT DSG 2.0t, he cant wait and is really exciting to be getting it, roll on march.

The bootspace may be an issue at some point with all his camping stuff when he marshalls at the touring cars, oh well i'll just lend him the leon back as he's given it to the g/f instead of part ex it in.  :signLOL:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 12:25:56 am »
My father in law has a leon FR BTCC 2.0t which is being replaced with a Rocco GT DSG 2.0t, he cant wait and is really exciting to be getting it, roll on march.

The bootspace may be an issue at some point with all his camping stuff when he marshalls at the touring cars, oh well i'll just lend him the leon back as he's given it to the g/f instead of part ex it in.  :signLOL:

Yeah my father had to buy a smaller golf trolley so it could fit in his boot  :signLOL:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 06:00:38 pm »
Im not sure that the roc will age as well as a MK 5 GTI.  It has the potential to go "out fashion".  The way one might argue a mk 1 TT has.  This is all relative of course but for me perosnally I think an edition 30 would be the thinking mans choice and to me its just the better car.  I haven't different a roc maybe I should try one out!

I may get shot for saying this but Id rather get an eddy 30 and wait for the prices of roc R's to drop before even considering getting one.

Another thing to bare in mind is that when purchase price of a diesel car and the price of diesel is factored in.  The "perceived" saving may not be as great as one might have hoped for compared against equivalent petrol.  This is especially true if you cover lower mileage.  I did read somewhere that diesels have worse economy than the equivalent petrol engined car for the first 12 miles after which they become economical.  In a nutshell the engine needs longer to warm through properly.  I may be wrong but i think you need to be covering approx 20K a year to make a diesel worthwhile from a fiscal point of view.

3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline too hot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 07:38:40 pm »

Yeah my father had to buy a smaller golf trolley so it could fit in his boot  :signLOL:

Bizarrely I`m taking up golf this year too !!!!
2014 White 3dr S3 Stronic

Offline too hot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 07:38:24 pm »
Maybe just get an Ed30----------awww I just don`t know :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
2014 White 3dr S3 Stronic