Make a donation

Author Topic: definitive list of what to log??  (Read 1455 times)

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 6
definitive list of what to log??
« on: February 02, 2012, 09:01:56 pm »
Hi, I've recently moved us to stage 2+ and had the dealer set it at b7t5f9. But as i have my own vcds i wanted to know if there is a list of blocks that should be logged before changing settings? I know of a few blocks but hoped to get advice from the more knowledgeable
Candy White Edition 30 DSG
Revo Stage 2+
ITG, BCS TBE, Autotech HPFP
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: definitive list of what to log??
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 09:53:41 pm »
Log:

003 for load, afm, throttle angle (think throttle angle is in ths one anyway, may be ignition angle)

020 for ignition pull

115 for requested and actual boost

230 hpfp pressure requested vs actual

You will find that the installer will have left it at optimal setting during the datalogging and apping session when it was installed, however if you do alter 1 parameter then you still need to datalog all of the others as one affects them all.

Offline KC_Gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 01:24:39 pm »
Sounds like a stoopid question, but is logging neccessary if lowering these settings and not increasing them? From my understanding the idea of logging is to make sure that your new higher setting are safe for the car? Or is it worth logging when either increase/decreasing SPS values?

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 450
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 01:30:00 pm »
Sounds like a stoopid question, but is logging neccessary if lowering these settings and not increasing them? From my understanding the idea of logging is to make sure that your new higher setting are safe for the car? Or is it worth logging when either increase/decreasing SPS values?

It shouldn't really be necessary to log if you are lowering your settings for timing and/or boost if they where optimal in the first place. Mind you logging might pick up  results pointing to a unexpected problem.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 04:10:51 pm »
He may be on about the fuelling, which could be seen as lowering if changing from 9 to 6 etc :stupid: