Make a donation

Author Topic: Another wheel dilemma!  (Read 687 times)

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
Another wheel dilemma!
« on: February 06, 2012, 04:29:29 pm »
My standard Monza II's have been looking a little tired for a while now and funds permitting (baby on way in a few weeks) I'm hoping to do something with them in the summer. Now my options are as follows, refurb them with the polished face, get them done anthrasite or keep them for winter use and buy another set of wheels.

I quite fancy a set of BBS CH reps like many have on here already but also like the look of the Mk6 R reps and also the similar Audis S5 reps as seen on fleabay and the likes. I've trawled the wheel thread and seen plenty of the other options I'm looking at but can anyone please post up a pic of a Mk5 Gti wearing the R style, S5's or something similalr???

Muchos Gracias!
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline laserblue999

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Another wheel dilemma!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 09:01:52 pm »
I had the same dilemma with mine about three months ago when I bought it. In the end I decided to refurb mine in anthracite (although I asked for 'titanium'!) as you just can't beat the quality of the OEM wheel compared to the reps - nice looking as they are. I didn't want the hassle of worrying about the polished face on the salty winter roads either.

With the style - only you can decide on that one..............  :popcornsoda:
'05 GTI - laser blue, 5dr, DSG, blue glass, heated leather, highline, cruise, sat nav, 10 speaker stereo,MFSW, xenons, 18" Monza, puddle lights, Ipod, retractable mirrors, factory tints, winter/summer mats, bootmat, luggage net, mudflaps, tailored blinds, x-tec plate leds - always looking for more OEM options.......pretending the pikey paddles are OEM+!!

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
Re: Another wheel dilemma!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 10:28:17 pm »
I've got 18" x 8 BBS VZ's on mine, genuine BBS and look almost the same as the CH (minus the Motorsport logo) Slightly wider than the Pescara on the Ed30 too

Think I paid about £570 for them brand new, not a whole lot more than some new CH reps but your getting a genuine wheel :happy2:

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........