Make a donation

Author Topic: RIP Whitney Houston  (Read 7154 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: RIP Whitney Houston
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 07:47:26 pm »
Er....  Folks aren't going to ever completely agree on this, so let's all put our opinions (which we are all most definitely fully entitled to) aside and just remember that Whitney Houston was once a very good singer and performer and R. I. P.

Otherwise this thread just becomes an argument which is extremely unlikely to resolve itself. Forum arguments can be fun but this is hardly a fun subject.

If you don't have it in your hearts to give Whitney Houston some respect for the singer she once was, at least give this R.I.P. thread some respect please.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 07:49:27 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2012, 07:48:38 pm »
Nicely put Robin.  :happy2:

h4rdy

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2012, 08:09:10 pm »
Thankyou Mr Robin.

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2012, 09:53:43 pm »
Who Is Whitney Houston???  :confused:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2012, 11:48:07 pm »

Body guard is on now ITV2 or +1  :wink:

Offline Richie18-1987

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 12:14:57 am »
Very well put Robin If she was here to defend herself against all these bad comments then it would be a different story but as she has just recently passed away have a little respect for someone that was so talented in the music world. Nobody is perfect and nobody can say they have never made a mistake regardless of how big the mistake. I'm not trying to start another argument i'm just saying that everybody can lose their way so easily but find it so hard to find the right road again.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 09:03:35 am »
I think it's a huge shame she's gone purely because a huge talent is no more. Put all your lady gagas and britney spears etc together and they come not even close to matching her talent.

With regards to the drug use aspect, I myself don't have much patience for it but what I will say is it's hard for any of us to have a proper grasp of what she would have been going thru and experiencing to start down that path.

Imagine in life where by you cannot seem to go any further because you have done it all, you have everything and have a guy for that a guy for this. Everything in the real world has been conquered and it may all seem down hill from there. It's out inate need to go further and "the struggle" that makes us what we are I guess and if all that has gone because you have it all or have done it, surely that's a very bizarre and scary prospect.

Until or if we experience that, we wont know ourselves but im sure it's break down material? It must be! And it probably explain why some of the great talents go down this route. There's nothing to keep their mind stimulated in the real world and that drug route will always be not too far away in the mind of someone like that. I might be talking Crap and I'm not excusing drug use but possibly a hazy insight into why creative and talented minds set off down the slippery slope of drugs?

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=i4gnoi42nshrdh3nfgppu1v1ae&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 10:16:43 am »
I think it's a huge shame she's gone purely because a huge talent is no more.

I know what you mean but the talent had been lost years ago, in effect we have lost nothing.

I said the same about Winehouse, its not a shame that she (amy and whitney) passed away, its a shame that she took a skip full of drugs and couldn't survive without them thus ruining the only thing they had to offer, i.e there voice/music.

NOW... if Whitney was still banging out the high notes and filling stadiums all around the globe... her death would be more of a shame. IMO (of course)

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 11:20:48 am »
Jay, are you for one minute suggesting that life isn't black and white?!

:wink:

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...until you climb into his skin and walk around in it"

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 11:32:13 am »
I think it's a huge shame she's gone purely because a huge talent is no more.

I know what you mean but the talent had been lost years ago, in effect we have lost nothing.

I said the same about Winehouse, its not a shame that she (amy and whitney) passed away, its a shame that she took a skip full of drugs and couldn't survive without them thus ruining the only thing they had to offer, i.e there voice/music.

NOW... if Whitney was still banging out the high notes and filling stadiums all around the globe... her death would be more of a shame. IMO (of course)

Well put, was just thinking how I could word my reply, could not have done a better job.  :congrats:

On another less tastefull note my mate Tim chose her in this years celebrity death list for 2012 and just scooped £310 in a local celebrity deathlist sweep (I dont take part), I only found out she died when he told me he just won £310, I asked how and he said "Whitney Died", I was confused for a moment until it was explained.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:34:16 am by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline mad_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2012, 11:42:20 am »
If he had Michael Jackson down for last year I'd start checking his movements.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2012, 11:53:59 am »
He has never won before in it apparently and he has been entering it for about 10 years i think, they asked me to join around 10 years back but I declined as I dont do "Celebrities" and dont watch the news (have not watched the news for about 20 years, its usually depressing so I dont bother!)
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2012, 01:08:38 pm »
BTW, it sounds like prescription drugs were the cause of death.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2012, 01:19:31 pm »

BTW, it sounds like prescription drugs were the cause of death.

....Possibly, as they were found around her bathtub where she died. But it will take a couple of months before this can be confirmed.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline mad_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2012, 07:08:44 pm »
This is kind of why I'm glad I can't afford not to work. Too much money and free time can go wrong.... Which is a shame as it really shouldn't be able to.