Make a donation

Author Topic: Webby`s Black GTI- now with smooth bumpers, coilovers and new winter wheels  (Read 19667 times)

Dsg steel

I like the smooth look you have done and great choice of wheels :happy2:

Offline samdem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
wow that rear bumper looks amazing! i was going to go down the normal r32 bumper route but this looks so nice. was it quite an expensive thing to have done?

Offline neil86

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Love it mate exactly how I wanted mine to look shame I can't afford the cost to smooth too much other work needs doing as I am now fighting the insurance company my car still hasn't been repaired.

Offline webby888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
wow that rear bumper looks amazing! i was going to go down the normal r32 bumper route but this looks so nice. was it quite an expensive thing to have done?

wasnt too expensive realy, i had quite alot of work done all in one go so got a discounted price

had the roof repainted and both rear quarters due to the laquer peeling, front and rear bumpers smoothed, side skirts painted, all the grey bits done and my grill

think it worked out to like just over 1k for it all to be done

Offline neil86

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
That's a good price I got quoted 450 just for front bumper, will see we're your spray place is. Is the colour match spot on quality good aswell?

I need rear bumper and both quarter panels spraying also drivers door skin replacing

Offline neil86

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
You couldn't find out how they smoothed it if you ever pop in again

Offline webby888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
That's a good price I got quoted 450 just for front bumper, will see we're your spray place is. Is the colour match spot on quality good aswell?

I need rear bumper and both quarter panels spraying also drivers door skin replacing

Yeah £450 does sound quite expensive to be honest!

Yeah colour match is spot on, all the work actually works perfect!

Next time im there i will find out for you

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
I think the 997's work on that well, black 3door with some bling that isn't OTT  :happy2:

Some smart touches so far fella.
Do you go to the majority of the Dub shows?
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline webby888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
I think the 997's work on that well, black 3door with some bling that isn't OTT  :happy2:

Some smart touches so far fella.
Do you go to the majority of the Dub shows?

to be honest i havent been to any dub shows in it yet  :ashamed:

iv only had it 3 month so hoping to go to a few this year and get some inspiration :)

Offline webby888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Today i was bored and thought i would do something productive with my time so i dewipered the rear and took the front and rear GTI badges off to give a cleaner look!

Taking the rear wiper off was quite a nerve racking experience as it took quite alot of force to pull off and i was scared about cracking the rear screen!

Anyway here are some pics :)

Please ignore the tractor ride height, the coilovers are knocking quite bad so i raised it up to see if that helped which it didnt, not quite sure what the cause is now :s

Offline neil86

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Bayou checked your top mounts and bushes,

Offline webby888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Bayou checked your top mounts and bushes,

Yeah turned out to be a loose antiroll bar link, could of sworn i checked these before i took it to a garage but o well, jus glad its all sorted :)

Offline GTI_Josh

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
was gonna say that'll be your anti-role bar links. they went on mine and made a horrific noise and i thought it had sumat to do with my suspension, turned out not to be :) nice motor mate, loving the smoothed bumpers but i think the GTI badges should have stayed on, imo.

great work tho mate :)  :happy2:

Offline webby888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
yeah i wasnt sure about taking the badges off but it was more of an impulse decision as i was bored lol

Offline webby888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
had -3 degress of negative camber put on today and gave rolling the arches ago myself too, they didnt come out perfect but happy with them considereing i was rushing to finish them before football, will have a fiddle tomorow so see if i can finish them off.

This allowed me to go 20mm lower all round creating a pretty good setup now without major rubbing :)