All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Feeler: RNS-510 Group Buy
pazz:
--- Quote from: Wolfie on April 29, 2009, 09:00:28 am ---Funnily enough was on the verge of having one of their units fitted by them last week for £750 - but was then told that was the cash only figure and if I wanted to pay by card (which I did for added security/warranty etc) then you had to add another £112.50 for the dreaded VAT.
Is this still the case?
--- End quote ---
Emailed them about this, turns out this is the case. Hmm wondering if the deal sounds as good now. They say the above prices (and those on their website) are exc VAT.
--- Quote from: Greenouse on April 29, 2009, 10:15:14 am ---Does make me wonder why they would have so many second hand units? :confused:
--- End quote ---
I wondered this so asked them how they obtained the units. They are sourced from a european company which refurb's them.
stevie_p:
im interested funds permitting :happy2:
BeezerDiesel:
--- Quote from: Greenouse on April 29, 2009, 10:15:14 am ---Does make me wonder why they would have so many second hand units? :confused:
--- End quote ---
I was wondering that too!!! :scared: Are they that unreliable that there are that many about needing re-furbs?
Also to offer £100 discount on 11+ units means there's got to be a fair profit in these for them......
Anyway back on topic, I think you may well get nearer the 11+ if you put this up on a few forums as they are popular units.
I'd be more inclined to buy someones old MFD2 if they were upgrading as my car doesn't get much use to the expense of the 510 isn't really justified (prefer to spend funds on go-faster and stop-faster stuff).
Ifti:
I started reading and was very interested, but then read that they are refurbs - and the extra price for Blutooth kit, when they offered to someone else for cheaper makes me think twice.
Also I then realised the prices were ex VAT and they want cash only?!
Sorry guys, I would rather pay a little more and get a years warranty etc, with a brand new unit.
Apologies, but Im out ......
Greeners:
Im pretty sure the ones from TommyCupra aren't a lot more and they are brand new. :chicken:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version