Make a donation

Author Topic: Hands Free Question  (Read 1050 times)

170dave

Hands Free Question
« on: February 19, 2012, 12:51:57 am »
A very hearty greetings to you all from this wrong side of 49 newbee.
After years of mediocre and sometimes cack vehicles I am now the proud owner of a GT 2.0D. It will be my commuting vehicle doing 20k a year. ( it has been tweaked a bit so is great fun to drive).

My opening question to you boffins is one on hands free.

The car has a Bury system 8 installed. The old cradle was for an I phone. I purchased a cradle for my HTC Desire S. I fitted this to the carrier and my phone charges up fine. (after I paired it up with the cradle). Unfortunately, the phone/system will not route any calls to the speakers or even allow use of the in car mic. I have tried several times, but nothing.

I was wondering if any of you chaps can guide me as to whether I have wasted my money on a cradle as the car system will not connect to my phone.
Can something be reprogrammed or reset on the cars system?
I would appreciate any advice before I decide what to do about it. I do have a horrible feeling that the car system (07 reg) may not want to play with an HTC phone.
Does my phone need any additional software?
If its a no goer, I will be left with an expensive phone charger and still using ye olde bluetoof earpiece. :sad: Ah well, never too old to learn. :grin:

However, if there is  a solution (or a dead end) out there, I am sure someone on here will advise me. :smiley:

Anyway, any advice, guidance, feedback or ideas would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Dave