Make a donation

Author Topic: Post your dyno print-outs for remapped GTi's (200PS)  (Read 10585 times)

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
Post your dyno print-outs for remapped GTi's (200PS)
« on: April 29, 2009, 04:18:08 pm »
Guys, if this is else where then I apologise.

What I'm after is print outs from dyno-runs of remapped GTi's that are otherwise standard (TBE is ok but please state) - it doesnt matter who did your remap, I'm just after as may dyno-plots for remapped GTi's as possible.

If you have one, I'd really appreciate it if you could post it here and state what map you are running. No ED30 plots please.

Thanks very much.

Oh, and if anyone has any plots for a standard car, please stick those up too - ta!
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Re: Post your dyno print-outs for remapped GTi's (200PS)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 05:13:14 pm »
Mine from when it was on Bluefin stage1/standard DP/Panel filter. 244 bhp/280 lbft

If it's of interest, Dynojet were there on the day recalibrating the RR, as it was reading high up till that point.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 05:15:21 pm by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 08:23:38 pm »
Revo Stage 1.

latest one done yesterday on a MAHA dyno

And one done at JKM on their DD Dyno last year.

Standard one on a MAHA dyno 2 years ago.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 08:26:39 pm by chungster »

Offline andeep

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 11:56:11 am »
Revo Stage 1:

2006 MK5 GTI -- Revo Stage 1 -- Neuspeed P-Flo -- OEM 'D' DV -- BSH Stage 2 PCV -- Forge Quickshifter -- BSH Pendulum Mount -- NS Boost Gauge + Pod

Offline x5pea

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 12:41:45 pm »
idl ike to stick mine on a dyno see what its running at

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 12:59:49 pm »

My old Octavia. I know its not a GTI but its the same engine.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 10:51:28 am »
Has nobody got a 200ps gti rigged up with stage 2 bluefin. im about to do mine but with decat exhaust, and decat stage 2 map. not sure what to expect

Offline Mark_GTIV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 03:06:53 pm »
Has nobody got a 200ps gti rigged up with stage 2 bluefin. im about to do mine but with decat exhaust, and decat stage 2 map. not sure what to expect

As per my thread : http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5134.0

I didn't expect problems when I went from stage 1 bluefin to stage 2 bluefin + Milltek hi-flow cat + downpipe and Milltek exhaust + carbonio + ITG filter... but that's what I got.

My car immediately started to overboost (1.43 BAR) - Superchips said that was because they were surprised about how well the hardware mods flowed and they were used to not achieving such good flow.

The car lost its feeling of strong linear power that it had on stage 1, instead it's power delivery became lumpy and came and went through the rev range as the car struggled to fuel for the overboost.

Superchips acted quickly to provide a new stage 2 map for me to run with the hardware mods, but it feels no where near as good as the stage 1 map did - still a slight feeling of lumpiness in delivery and I bet on the rolling road you'd see the torque cuve drop and rise through the rev range. I'm not at all happy with it.

I think I am going to get a fully rolling road derived custom map done by JD Engineering and get rid of the superchips bluefin stage 2.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 10:56:58 pm by Mark_GTIV »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 05:11:51 pm »
there are alot of bad thoughts on here wih stage 2, im becoming a little dubious. Maybe i should go for a different brand maybe APR or REVO. they both produce more power and more importantly alot more torque,

another option would be to get it remapped it superchips HQ, then they can diagnose any issues for free there and then

Offline Mark_GTIV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 05:56:13 pm »
there are alot of bad thoughts on here wih stage 2, im becoming a little dubious. Maybe i should go for a different brand maybe APR or REVO. they both produce more power and more importantly alot more torque,

another option would be to get it remapped it superchips HQ, then they can diagnose any issues for free there and then

I've got nothing but positive things to say about the Superchips customer experience. Very helpful and highly responsive - but indeed I don't think the stage 2 map and the mods I have have really got on together and the 'knocking down' of the requested boost has stopped the overboosting but has left a torque curve that isn't at all flat... which the stage 1 is. I don't like how it feels now.

I've asked them to put the stage 1 map back - which they have. I think a custom map would be best for my needs. Or of-course I could have an uprated High Pressure Fuel Pump fitted and run with the big boost spike...

Custom Map for me.

Offline Mark_GTIV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 09:03:06 pm »
Oh bugger it...

Stage 1 overboosts worse than stage 2 does... Thats it !!! I'm enquiring about an uprated HPFP and either Revo Stage 2+ or a custom map....

The Milly has really upset what I had.

Offline Mark_GTIV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 01:05:28 pm »
glad to hearits all sorted now mate.

the guy i have just bought my downpipe and cat from had stage 2 bluefin, and sort of had the same issues, however he changed his DV to the new Vag piston type and all hesitation was gone, he commented on how it was extremely strong all the way through the rev range.

im liking the results of the stage 2+ remap here though.  the torque value isn that far the off the revo guys with stage 2+. the highest stage 2+ i have seen is 288bhp, 345Ibft torque, but that also included an intake and twintercooler. so with them you could realistically be there as well.

i noticed a big difference between my intake and mu old carbonio.

Offline Mark_GTIV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 01:30:27 pm »
Interesting about the Forge DV. Do you happen to know what the VW part number is for the new piston DV? I always liked the reponse of my old electronic DV.

Offline Mark_GTIV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 04:03:24 pm »
oh and the maps for posterity:

Here are the graphs :

All these runs were done with the following fitted to my car :

Normal 2007 GTI 2.0. TFSI (BDA)

Milltek Hiflow Downpipe
Milltek HiFlow Cat
Milltek Resonated Exhaust
Carbonio intake
ITG Panel filter
Forge DV

and then for run 1 : Customised SC Bluefin stage 2 map
and then for run 2 : Customised SC Bluefin stage 2 map + Autotech uprated High Pressure Fuel Pump
and then ror run 3 : SC Bluefin Stage 2 (+) map + Autotech uprated High Pressure Fuel Pump