All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

it may be a little biased on the gti forum, but which do you prefer r32 or ed30?

<< < (4/7) > >>

Rich:
How about this,

A Golf Mk5 R32 Twin Rotrex turbochargers.


http://stormdevelopments.co.uk/images/projectcars/twin_rotrex_r32/twin_rotrex_install_1024px.JPG


They claim it can do 650bhp


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxzwRtKncTw


Mad or what ???

Caz:
R32..

theyre kinda going out now aswell.. weve just sold the rest of our stock of them of quite quite cheap...  :chicken:

RedRobin:
....

I think I'd go for the Ed30 but it's a very close call.

When the R32 first came out I was lent one and drove it back-to-back on exactly the same very varied route. In broad terms I found the R32's V6 was awesome but encouraged me into license losing territory - A Milltek would be an absolutely essential mod. Grip was excellent but the GTI felt lighter and more tactile to drive. This was before my GTI was so extensively modified.

I take the view that neither of the GTI/Ed30 and R32 is better than the other, but they are sister cars, each with their own merits.

I use the same route to test drive all the cars which merit it and it has been worked out for it's variety. I'll be testing a new V6 supercharged S4 on it next week and also the Mk6 GTI when it's available.

illyun:
Hmm.. I have to say the R32.... however, spend £1k on the Ed30 and OMG  :surprised:  :drool: :drool:  While its not a fair comparison, I much prefer my modified Ed30 to my wife's standard R32.  The R32 is beginning to loosen a little with 7k on the clock now, but doesn't do it for me like the E30 does. 

bennylenny88:
has to be the R.. its just the daddy.. and that noise :|

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version